Connect OracleDB + Schema Holder from Progress Developer Stu

Posted by Dominik Loewenstein on 08-Feb-2019 08:16

I cant connect the Ora DB with shema holder from the developer studio, with a .pf file i have no problem to do that.

-db D:\...\..\dbora\db11\ora1 -RO
-db D:\...\...\dbora\db11\ora2 -RO

-db oraA -dt ORACLE -Dsrv qt_cache_size,45000,qt_debug,EXTENDED -U user@serviceName -P PW1 -c 270
-db oraB -ld "oraB" -dt ORACLE -Dsrv qt_cache_size,45000,qt_debug,EXTENDED -U user@serviceName -P PW2 -c 270

All Replies

Posted by gus bjorklund on 08-Feb-2019 14:28

> On Feb 8, 2019, at 3:18 AM, Dominik Loewenstein wrote:

>

> -db D:\...\...\dbora\db11\ora2-RO

does that say ora2-RO or ora2 -RO ???

Posted by Stefan Drissen on 08-Feb-2019 16:25

Amazing how much of a mess can be captured in a few lines. You could blame the fine editor used by this forum, but I doubt that it is responsible for all:

0. what error are you getting?

1. Why provide two schema holders and two databases? Is it working with one?

2. what is the grand parent (...) of the parent (..) of the root of d: ?

3. what is the grand parent (...) of the grand parent (...) of the root of d: ?

4. your oraB has -P stuck on to the user parameter

Posted by Dominik Loewenstein on 12-Feb-2019 05:50

ora2 -RO

the pf works fine, the space gets missing while i edit it here

Posted by Dominik Loewenstein on 12-Feb-2019 05:57

0. i get no error when i try to connect the db, but when i want compile or check syntax, the names of my tables / fields are wrong

1. i need both of them for my project, but even when i connect only one i have the same problem

2,3. (...) was only for this example i could also call it d:\abc\def\dbora\db11\ora1

4. i corrected the missing space

Posted by Rutger Olthuis on 25-Feb-2019 15:25

Just a stupid question perhaps:

Have you only setup the db connection in windows --> preferences --> Progress OpenEdge --> Database connections ?

Or have you also activated that database connection in the Project properties --> Progress  OpenEdge --> Database connections ?

Funny fact is, if you don't use Progress Developer Studio to run the application, you don't even need to setup a dataserver and oracle connection. Just having the schema holder connected is fine.

What you can try is open the scratchpad, select the project your code is in as runtime and run :

message dbparam(1) dbparam(2) dbparam(3) dbparam(4)
view-as alert-box.

This thread is closed