Db crash

Posted by stefano.frosini on 04-Feb-2019 16:38

Hi,

we have installed a VMWARE server with Linux Red Hat Enterprise 7.

In that server there is installed QAD2010SE 2.9.4 and Progress OpenEdge 10.2b08.

In that server we have 6 db, JAPAN, KOREA,THAILAND,MALAYSIA, INDIA and AUSTRALIA.

Sometimes , and in different db, we have received the error below:   (that example is for INDPROCUS db)

[2019/02/01@19:38:57.233+2300] P-71276      T-140347883439936 I APPSRV101: (9445)  SYSTEM ERROR: read wrong dbkey at offset 3435986944 in file /db/indpro/data/indprocus.d1

  found 0, expected 26843648, retrying. area 6

[2019/02/01@19:39:07.234+2300] P-71276      T-140347883439936 I APPSRV101: (4229)  Corrupt block detected when reading from database.

[2019/02/01@19:39:07.235+2300] P-71276      T-140347883439936 I APPSRV101: (10560) bkRead: Error occurred in area 6, block number: 838863, extent: /db/indpro/data/indprocus.d1.

[2019/02/01@19:39:07.236+2300] P-71276      T-140347883439936 I APPSRV101: (10561) Writing block  838863 to log file. Please save and send the log file to Progress Software Corp. for investigation.

[2019/02/01@19:39:07.240+2300] P-71276      T-140347883439936 I APPSRV101: (-----) SYSTEM DEBUG: Database buffer block

[2019/02/01@19:39:07.240+2300] P-71276      T-140347883439936 I APPSRV101: (-----) pbktbl = 0x0x7fa4fe7a3fa8

[2019/02/01@19:39:07.240+2300] P-71276      T-140347883439936 I APPSRV101: (-----) pbktbl->qself = 0x000b0000023b0fa8

[2019/02/01@19:39:07.240+2300] P-71276      T-140347883439936 I APPSRV101: (-----) XBKBUF(pbktbl->qself) = 0x00007fa4fe7a3fa8

[2019/02/01@19:39:07.240+2300] P-71276      T-140347883439936 I APPSRV101: (-----) pbktbl->bt_qbuf = 000b00000cabc820

[2019/02/01@19:39:07.240+2300] P-71276      T-140347883439936 I APPSRV101: (-----) XBKBUF(pbktbl->bt_qbuf) = 0x0x7fa508eaf820

In that case I use “idxfix” command and the issue was solved but in anycase that error is very bad.

My question is, RED HAT ENTERPRISE 7 , PROGRESS OPENEDGE 10.2B08 and QAD2010SE 2.9.4 , are supported in that configurations?

If yes, the issue is related to some HARDAWARE problem on the server?

Thanks a lot to help

Regards

Stefano Frosini