Eclipse question

Posted by goo on 20-Aug-2018 09:18

If I suddenly can't see any Microsoft classes in my class browser, what could be the case? I am able to see Openedge classes. 

If I add

Using System.*. 

and try to do like System. ctrl-space, I am getting nothing…. nor anything in the class browser. 

hmmmm….

Posted by goo on 21-Aug-2018 08:41

aaah, after installing the latest Version 11.7.3, everything is back to normal !! I can now see the stuff I wanted.

Mike, I removed all the stuff I had in my assamblie, did a clean, but still same problem, but that's history now [:D]

Posted by goo on 21-Aug-2018 08:44

Install of 11.7.3 did the trick. Now everything is back to normal. Mike, I removed all the stuff in assamblie, did a clean restart, but no change,

All Replies

Posted by tbergman on 20-Aug-2018 09:38

You'll need to add items to your assemblies file. Only a small subset of the standard .Net classes are available by default.

Use the "Add assembly references" choice in PDS.

Posted by goo on 20-Aug-2018 10:26

Yes, and I can see those I have added there, but none of the System I normally have seen. If you see the class browse image, why are they marked as red? I am able to see the path to the dll, but when I try i.e. to see System.Text. I am not able to see anything, nor System. Do you have an example of what I should bee seeing? If I want to see System.Text, what class? System?

Posted by Matt Baker on 20-Aug-2018 10:30

If an assembly has a red x on it, there should be a corresponding entry in the problems view with an error message.

Posted by goo on 20-Aug-2018 10:41

It's not a red x, just kind of half red, see picture

The strange thing is that it gives no error if I refere to System.Uri, so it Works, but I am not able to get any help/info from eclipse...

Posted by Mike Fechner on 20-Aug-2018 10:46

That half red ball … is good!

Posted by goo on 20-Aug-2018 10:50

Ok, but still not that good for me :-/ I have probably done a misconfiguration, but not able to find out what….

Posted by Matt Baker on 20-Aug-2018 10:51

The half-red ball is just the assemblies "dot" icon. Sorry for my crappy artistic creation.  I (think it was me:) drew this more than 10 years ago. I now have a 13 year old that draws pictures for me so I don't have to do it myself.

Posted by Simon L. Prinsloo on 20-Aug-2018 10:56

Ok, if I understand you correctly, the PDSOE Cache is corrupted and therefor the auto complete does not work. I am not sure how that works for .net classes, but was wondering if you tried restarting Eclipse to see if that helps.

Posted by Mike Fechner on 20-Aug-2018 10:56

😊

Posted by slacroixak on 21-Aug-2018 02:26

In the hypothesis the PDSOE cache might be corrupted, I would restart Eclipse with the Clean option

Posted by goo on 21-Aug-2018 03:23

Ok, will try that...

Posted by goo on 21-Aug-2018 04:27

No changes, I have tried to restart With clean Workspace (Developer Studio - Clean), and I can see it does update the class browser….

I will ask support.

Posted by noekleb on 21-Aug-2018 05:18

You can try clean with the '-clearPersistedState' option. It is a litle more efficient.

C:\Progress11.7\OpenEdge\oeide\eclipse\eclipse.exe -clean -clearPersistedState  -vm "C:\Progress11.7\OpenEdge\jre\bin\javaw.exe"

Posted by goo on 21-Aug-2018 06:45

Tried that as well, no Luck. I am trying to install 11.7.3 latest release, to see if that does any changes. I have deinstalled Visual studio, could that be the problem?

Posted by Mike Fechner on 21-Aug-2018 06:50

Mind sharing your assemblies.xml file?

Posted by goo on 21-Aug-2018 08:41

aaah, after installing the latest Version 11.7.3, everything is back to normal !! I can now see the stuff I wanted.

Mike, I removed all the stuff I had in my assamblie, did a clean, but still same problem, but that's history now [:D]

Posted by goo on 21-Aug-2018 08:44

Install of 11.7.3 did the trick. Now everything is back to normal. Mike, I removed all the stuff in assamblie, did a clean restart, but no change,

This thread is closed