HTTPS POST request using p7b certificate.

Posted by thierryk on 18-Jul-2018 10:05

Hi,

I'm trying to call a service that requires an SSL authentication. A pkcs7 format is expected by the web server.

Here is what i've done so far.

Step 1 :

• I got a trusted client certificate (.p7b) and validated it against the web server. It went fine.

Step 2:

• I converted the p7b certificate in order to register into the dlc/cert store. I tried PEM and DER. It went fine but i'm not sure what I should really generate regarding keyfiles. 

Step 3: 

• I implemented the client side to do the POST request using OpenEdge.NET library. At execution I got error 9318. So it seems like the ssl checking went wrong.

My environment :

• Openedge 11.7
  • No PASOE using in this case.

I'm a bit confuse about what is and what is not possible regarding OpenEdge environment and certificate format so I'm looking for a little help.

Thanks for your help. 

All Replies

Posted by bronco on 18-Jul-2018 23:14

Not sure about the PEM/DER stuff, but did you import the entire chain (ie. CA root & intermediate as well)?

Posted by thierryk on 19-Jul-2018 08:18

Thank you for the reply.

I didn't think about importing the whole chain at first so that was worth the shot. Unfortunately the result is still the same at execution.

Posted by Peter Judge on 19-Jul-2018 14:28

This might be because of the lack of support of client-side certs for ABL sockets.

This thread is closed