The license for the client executable has expired (4399)

Posted by Giancarlo Alberto Somma on 16-May-2018 01:55

Hi To everybody,

When we try to access any OE appilcation we get:
The license for the client executable has expired (4399).

What I have to do in order to unlock the license.

Thx.

JCA.

All Replies

Posted by mollyfed on 16-May-2018 02:06

If any license among you install has expired (as seen by using showcfg), none of the licenses will work.

If you are on OpenEdge 11.x (I think its only 11) you can use the license utility to remove the license.

If you are on OpenEdge a release before 11 but have access to 11 and are feeling adventurous, you might try putting the license file inplace of your 11 license and using the license utility to remove it but have a backup of the license file as this isn't supported and your mileage may vary to if this will work.

Of course, the other option is to get a license that hasn't expired and replace it with that.

Not sure if this helps you out in this situation.

Molly

PS. If you do the OE10 License in OE11, don't trust the dates and things it has for the expiration of licenses. It doesn't show correctly, or at least,this is what I have been told.

Posted by Matt Gilarde on 16-May-2018 06:42

The obvious question is "Do you have a valid license?" What products have you installed and where did you get the control codes for installing them? An expired license suggests that you have installed an evaluation license or an early release (ESAP) version. Licenses which are bought from Progress do not expire.

Posted by Rob Fitzpatrick on 16-May-2018 06:44

Subscription licenses expire, e.g. OEDK.

Posted by Steve Moore on 17-May-2018 03:12

As has been posted, your licenses may have expired or maybe you are on an evaluation license.

Try generating new control codes/licenses:

knowledgebase.progress.com/.../P71485

knowledgebase.progress.com/.../000046411

Then update:

knowledgebase.progress.com/.../000038005

This thread is closed