Eclipse confused having more than one db connected

Posted by goo on 13-Feb-2018 01:48

I wonder if I am having wrong setings in my OpenEdge 11.7 eclipse. If I start writing a dbname, it will give me hit on more than the one db that has the table. If I have tree db's, A, B and C. I have one table called invoice in db B, I will get A.Invoice, B.Invoice and C.Invoice. This is kind of messy for me. What could be wrong?

Posted by Simon L. Prinsloo on 13-Feb-2018 04:56

[mention:581c41ccec94499580f4ad95d78f8d35:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05], I went to the Data Administration Tool, and for each database, I went to:

Admin -> Database Identification -> Database Identification Maintenance.

All databases I created from empty8 had the same identifier, so I clicked on the "New DB Passkey/Identifier" button. That brings up a dialogue where I just clicked OK and the identifier changed. I had to close all but one of the projects connected to the db though, otherwise it gave a message that the DB is in use.

After that, I had to select the following the Eclipse menu before everything worked correctly:

OpenEdge-->Refresh Cache (Ctrl+R)

Hope this helps

Simon

All Replies

Posted by Stefan Drissen on 13-Feb-2018 02:31

Yes, it's a mess. I have two databases connected, only tables of the first database are shown... twice. With the first database name as prefix and with the second database name as prefix.

Posted by DivyaTheja on 13-Feb-2018 03:35

In this case, underlying problem is with the process of creating Database. We see this issue when we actually create database as a copy.

Example:

prodb test empty

prodb test1 empty

In the above example, even though test and test1 are two different databases, they both share same instance id. Because of the same reason, PDS OE confuses among the databases with same instance id.

If we create database either by using -newInstance or from Data Administrator, above issue will not be seen.

Example:

prodb test empty -newInstance

From Data Administrator

Hope this helps,

DivyaTheja

Posted by goo on 13-Feb-2018 03:41

So how do we fix this for the existing databases? or do I have to live with this problem?

Posted by Stefan Drissen on 13-Feb-2018 03:48

Interesting, but...

documentation.progress.com/.../index.html

Databases supplied in the install directory for this release, contain the field for a database GUID, but the field contains the Unknown value (?) rather than a valid GUID. When PRODB is used to copy one of these databases, the GUID field of the target database is automatically set.

Posted by q1000 on 13-Feb-2018 03:48

Your emails should have a quick unsubscribe

not force me to log in again.

Please stop all emails to me you are spamming with over 20 emails a day

On Tue, 2018-02-13 at 03:43 -0600, goo wrote:
>
> Update from Progress Community
>
> goo
>
> So how do we fix this for the existing databases? or do I have to live
> with this problem?
>
>
> View online
>
>
>
> You received this notification because you subscribed to the forum.
> To unsubscribe from only this thread, go here.
>
> Flag this post as spam/abuse.
>
>

Paul van Zyl
Implementation Team
T: 087-233-8758  |  C:   082-562-3591  |  F:   012-567-6437
E: paul@qsource.co.za  |  W:   www.qbis.co.za  |  Download:   vcard

Disclaimer: 1) Confidentiality: This email is confidential and may contain privileged or copyright information. You may not present this message to another party without consent from the sender, If you are not please notify sender and delete this email, and you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. 2) Liability: This email is not a binding agreement and does not conclude an agreement without the express confirmation by the sender's superior or a director of the Company. 3) Viruses: The Company does not certify that this email is free of viruses or defects. 4) Requested: The Company does not consent to its employees sending un-asked for emails which contravene the law. In the event that you feel this email is such, please notify the Company in order for the appropriate corrective action to be taken. 5) Advice: Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Any actions taken on the basis of this email are at the reader's own risk. 6) Other: The sender of this email is expressly required not to make any defamatory statements. Any such communication is contrary to company policy and outside the scope of the employment of the individual concerned. The company will not accept any liability in respect of such communication, and the employee responsible will be personally liable for any damages or other liability arising.

Posted by Simon L. Prinsloo on 13-Feb-2018 04:56

[mention:581c41ccec94499580f4ad95d78f8d35:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05], I went to the Data Administration Tool, and for each database, I went to:

Admin -> Database Identification -> Database Identification Maintenance.

All databases I created from empty8 had the same identifier, so I clicked on the "New DB Passkey/Identifier" button. That brings up a dialogue where I just clicked OK and the identifier changed. I had to close all but one of the projects connected to the db though, otherwise it gave a message that the DB is in use.

After that, I had to select the following the Eclipse menu before everything worked correctly:

OpenEdge-->Refresh Cache (Ctrl+R)

Hope this helps

Simon

Posted by goo on 14-Feb-2018 02:35

Thanks Simon, I will try that :-)

This thread is closed