Eclipse confused having more than one db connected

Posted by goo on 13-Feb-2018 01:48

11.7.2

I wonder if I am having wrong setings in my OpenEdge 11.7 eclipse. If I start writing a dbname, it will give me hit on more than the one db that has the table. If I have tree db's, A, B and C. I have one table called invoice in db B, I will get A.Invoice, B.Invoice and C.Invoice. This is kind of messy for me. What could be wrong?

Posted by Simon L. Prinsloo on 13-Feb-2018 04:56

[mention:581c41ccec94499580f4ad95d78f8d35:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05], I went to the Data Administration Tool, and for each database, I went to:

Admin -> Database Identification -> Database Identification Maintenance.

All databases I created from empty8 had the same identifier, so I clicked on the "New DB Passkey/Identifier" button. That brings up a dialogue where I just clicked OK and the identifier changed. I had to close all but one of the projects connected to the db though, otherwise it gave a message that the DB is in use.

After that, I had to select the following the Eclipse menu before everything worked correctly:

OpenEdge-->Refresh Cache (Ctrl+R)

Hope this helps

Simon