Build automation / continuous delivery

Posted by beefhealy on 10-Jan-2018 14:12

Hi folks,

Not so much a technical query but more of a curiosity... I'm just wondering how many of you are using build automation / continuous delivery as part of your software development process and if so how are you finding it? How automated is your release process?

I'd also be interested to hear what tools you are using (SCM, CI Server, etc.).

We are using SVN -> Jenkins -> ANT (w/ PCT) to produce a PL file and then run ABLUnit against this.

Soon we hope to feed our test results back into our Project management tool (Target Process) via it's REST API and an in house framework.

Our releases are still quite hands on but I'm not sure I'd like to automate schema or data loads etc...

How far do you go?

All Replies

Posted by riverside on 11-Jan-2018 13:58

Post doesn't seem to be readable from the website. Is that just me, or still waiting for moderation ?

Gilles

Posted by Mike Fechner on 23-Jan-2018 23:46

The tools the we use are highlighted here:

Not so much a technical query but more of a curiosity... I'm just wondering how many of you are using build automation / continuous delivery as part of your software development process and if so how are you finding it? How automated is your release process?

I'd also be interested to hear what tools you are using (SCM, CI Server, etc.).

We are using SVN -> Jenkins -> ANT (w/ PCT) to produce a PL file and then run ABLUnit against this.

Soon we hope to feed our test results back into our Project management tool (Target Process) via it's REST API and an in house framework.

Our releases are still quite hands on but I'm not sure I'd like to automate schema or data loads etc...

How far do you go?

View online

You received this notification because you subscribed to the forum.  To stop receiving updates from only this thread, go here.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

This thread is closed