PASOE: How to update an instance after a service pack

Posted by dbeavon on 26-Dec-2017 10:44

What is the proper tcman command to update a PASOE instance to reflect the changes from an OpenEdge service pack. 

For example, I upgraded from 11.7.1 to 11.7.2 and now the oeprop.bat files (C:\OpenEdge\WRK\oepas1\bin) are pointing at the wrong jar files. 

IE. when I do a deployment I get a bunch of nice errors like so.  The instance-specific batch files don't know about the upgrade to CATALINA_HOME.

proenv>C:\Progress\OpenEdge\servers\pasoe\bin\tcman deploy -I oepas1 -u tomcat:tomcat -a deploy_me   %DLC%\servers\pasoe\extras\oeabl.war abl_deploy_me_application
verbose: checking for tailoring script in C:\Progress\OpenEdge\servers\pasoe\extras\oeabl.war
verbose: execution complete
Error: Unable to access jarfile C:\Progress\OpenEdge\servers\pasoe\bin\oeprop.11.7.1.jar
Error: Unable to access jarfile C:\Progress\OpenEdge\servers\pasoe\bin\oeprop.11.7.1.jar

Any help would be appreciated.  I think I will be deleting and recreating the entire instance for now, but it doesn't seem like the most convenient approach.

Thanks, David

Posted by David Cleary on 27-Dec-2017 08:00

Use the tcman unregister command followed by the tcman register command. I believe this will fix up the references the SP installer did not do.

Dave

All Replies

Posted by David Cleary on 27-Dec-2017 08:00

Use the tcman unregister command followed by the tcman register command. I believe this will fix up the references the SP installer did not do.

Dave

This thread is closed