The consumption of Webservices

Posted by wsartorelli on 22-Dec-2017 08:15

Hello people?
Please, someone knows how to use the POST method, in the consumption of Webservices?
According to the webservice provider, my code in Progress is using the GET method and should use the POST method. In case this method GET, is with error in the consumption of the webservice.

I am waiting for urgent help

thanks

All Replies

Posted by Mike Fechner on 01-Jan-2018 23:52

Can you share your code so far?

Sent from Nine

Von: wsartorelli <bounce-wsartorelli@community.progress.com>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 2. Januar 2018 06:05
An: TU.OE.General@community.progress.com
Betreff: [Technical Users - OE General] The consumption of Webservices

Update from Progress Community
wsartorelli

Hello people?
Please, someone knows how to use the POST method, in the consumption of Webservices?
According to the webservice provider, my code in Progress is using the GET method and should use the POST method. In case this method GET, is with error in the consumption of the webservice.

I am waiting for urgent help

thanks

View online

You received this notification because you subscribed to the forum.  To stop receiving updates from only this thread, go here.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Posted by marian.edu on 02-Jan-2018 03:10

Well, there is no way you can influence the HTTP method to be used from the 4GL code so you should raise a call with technical support to investigate your issue… I think you said you’re using OE 11.7 so that can use SOAP 1.2, support for GET method was added in SOAP 1.2 but the web service you’re trying to consume is definitively using SOAP 1.1 and there everything is expected to use POST.

You can check the SOAP-VERSION value on the server handle after you establish the connection and see if that is correctly reported as 1.1 or the client might think 1.2 version can be used…

CREATE SERVER hWebService.

hWebService:CONNECT("-WSDL 'preproducao.roadcard.com.br/.../WSTransacional “…

MESSAGE hWebService:SOAP-VERSION VIEW-AS ALERT_BOX.

Marian Edu

Acorn IT
+40 740 036 212

This thread is closed