CCS project documentation

Posted by David Abdala on 14-Nov-2017 04:42

Hello,

I try to send this to ccs-submissions@progress.com but all I get is a "bounce" email.

All I wanted is to let people know, in the CCS project, of some problems I've found, in the process of making a CCS compliant font-end to NSRA framework. This problems has to do with the project documentation, that is repetitive, and misleading, for someone that has no previous contact with the project.

This page: http://progress.github.io/CCS/ is full of bad links to 404 errors.
Also I found there is a lot of different CCS "entry" points that leads nowhere and GitHub seems to be the only place to get to the actual specifications, but that is not stated anywhere.

It took me a couple of days to discover whether I have to become a member of the CCS project to do what I want, or not.

Bottom line: I think someone should review all the documents about CCS around, and make a better explained "entry point" to the project, and the project content. I'm sure that everyone already involved in the project founds everything, but it should be easy for people not involved in the project to found it.

For someone that is looking into it just now, it still seems to be a starting project, and not something that already has deliverables and a working community. You can realize it is a running project only by digging into GitHub.

Thanks.

David.

All Replies

Posted by Mike Fechner on 14-Nov-2017 05:46

Hi David,

sorry for your bad experience! The next couple of days a good number of the CCS steering committee will meet in Prague for the EMEA PUG Challenge. I’m sure we’ll discusss this. We’ve been trying to find volunteers to help maintaining the CCS web site. Looks like there’s some urgency.

Cheers,
Mike

[...]

View online

You received this notification because you subscribed to the forum.  To stop receiving updates from only this thread, go here.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Posted by Shelley Chase on 14-Nov-2017 06:34

Hi David,

I echo Mike's sentiments.We will address this immediately (after EMEA PUG).

:-)

Thanks

-Shelley

Posted by Akshay Guleria on 14-Nov-2017 06:47

[mention:6e3b17cb0ff148039a2aabb4c7834ce4:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05] - How can I apply for being a volunteer?

Posted by Mike Fechner on 14-Nov-2017 06:57

Thanks Akshay, are you already member of the CCS ?

www.progress.com/.../the-common-component-specifications-project

Posted by Akshay Guleria on 14-Nov-2017 07:00

Not yet.

Posted by Mike Fechner on 14-Nov-2017 07:04

Please join the forum. And Shelley, Peter Judge or I will reach out to you.

Posted by Akshay Guleria on 14-Nov-2017 07:07

I will, thanks.

Posted by Akshay Guleria on 14-Nov-2017 07:28

Tried and failed with a handsome error :)

Error:An error occurred.  Please try again or contact your administrator. User does not have permission to impersonate another user.

Posted by Mike Fechner on 14-Nov-2017 07:32

Damn – I’ll try to find someone to help on that matter.

This thread is closed