Can't connect to an OE DB on EC2 ** Could not connect to

Posted by MBeynon on 15-Sep-2017 02:43

Hi,

I'm getting the above error when connecting to my OE DB on an AWS EC2 instance.

The DB's were installed on the EC2 instance on a Windows server 2012 R2 machine with a standard OE102B Workgroup license and served with;

proserve <my_db> -S 4003 -N TCP -H <machine_name> -minport 5000 -maxport 6000

I can connect to the DB's locally (on the EC2 instance) using the port and machine name but not from a remote client, from my local on prem machine or from an AWS Workspace instance;

connect <my_db> -S 4003 -N TCP -H <machine_ip>

I've opened up the firewall on the EC2 instance to allow all traffic but with no success.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Mark.

Posted by Rob Fitzpatrick on 15-Sep-2017 02:49

Your client can connect to the broker port (4003) but can't connect to the port on which the server has been spawned (between 5000 and 6000).  Typically a firewall issue.  Is it possible there is more than one firewall in place?

All Replies

Posted by Rob Fitzpatrick on 15-Sep-2017 02:49

Your client can connect to the broker port (4003) but can't connect to the port on which the server has been spawned (between 5000 and 6000).  Typically a firewall issue.  Is it possible there is more than one firewall in place?

Posted by MBeynon on 15-Sep-2017 05:59

HI,

Got this working by opening up the correct port range on the EC2 instance Windows firewall and removing the -H parameter from the proserve command on the instance.

This thread is closed