9.1D to 11.7 Learning

Posted by Grant Holman on 13-Sep-2017 02:45

Hi,

I've been developing and administering Progress systems for the last 25 years, but only ever up to version 9.1D.

I've downloaded the 11.7 Classroom Edition and have started scouting round the internet for resources to get me up to speed on what changed in the the Progress world in the last 15 years.

Any suggestions for sites / documents others have found useful would be gratefully received.

Thanks,

Grant

All Replies

Posted by Valeriy Bashkatov on 13-Sep-2017 03:04

Hi,

You can use the following Classroom resources:

community.progress.com/.../wiki

documentation.progress.com/.../index.html

community.progress.com/.../mediagallery

There is also a set of online trainings, unfortunately most of them are paid, but there are some free courses among them.

www.progress.com/.../openedge

Regards,

Valeriy

Posted by Grant Holman on 13-Sep-2017 04:48

Cheers Valeriy, I'll add those to my list.

Posted by Patrick Tingen on 13-Sep-2017 05:50

I am currently following the Progress Education Community. This is a set of online courses that are available for a full year for $1500. Not very much for the amount of courses. The level of some of the courses is sometimes debatable, but overall it is a very good resource. Currently I am following the course on the PASOE appserver.

More info: https://wbt.progress.com

Posted by Grant Holman on 13-Sep-2017 07:22

Cheers Patrick.  I'll check that out too.

Posted by Elaine Rosenberg on 13-Sep-2017 10:52

Hello Grant,

When you download the classroom edition of the OpenEdge Developer Kit, you will be automatically subscribed to the Progress eLearning Community. This subscription gives you free access to the core ABL Developer courses.

Elaine Rosenberg

Principal Course Developer

Posted by Grant Holman on 14-Sep-2017 04:11

Thanks Elaine.  I've just finished installing 11.7 and will check that out.

Posted by Lieven De Foor on 21-Sep-2017 08:01

I suggest you try and read up on some generic OO programming concepts and design patterns, regardless of the language, and try to apply these in ABL.

This thread is closed