OE 11.6/Crystal 13 Viewer .Net not releasing ODBC SQL connec

Posted by scott1962 on 12-Sep-2017 10:24

Hi,

Redeveloping a piece of code due to the incompatibility of the Crystal 11.5 viewer OCX and OE 11.xx. 

Using solution/sample code from KBase Entry# 13225.  It uses classes and Crystal .NET assemblies to programmatically load/instantiate a v13 Crystal Viewer. 

Works great.  Report runs properly.

But, if I attempt to run the code a second time without first completely shutting down my Progress session, I receive the 8839 error.

I've not added much other than my ODBC DSN info. 

Is there a statement related to the ABL form created that will close the SQL ODBC connection when the form terminates/fires the Destructor?  Or a method in the Crystal .NET assemblies I should call to close/release the SQL ODBC connection?

Been wandering through the labyrinthian SAP website trying to find the answer but no luck yet.

Thank you for any and all guidance.

Posted by Brian K. Maher on 13-Sep-2017 12:06

Scott,

Try adding a crystalReportViewer1:Dispose() to the class destructor.  If that doesn’t do it try adding the same for tblLogonInfo, crwRptTable and crwReport.

Brian

All Replies

Posted by Brian K. Maher on 13-Sep-2017 12:06

Scott,

Try adding a crystalReportViewer1:Dispose() to the class destructor.  If that doesn’t do it try adding the same for tblLogonInfo, crwRptTable and crwReport.

Brian

Posted by scott1962 on 13-Sep-2017 12:59

Thanks Brian!

This thread is closed