Widget ID Assignment Utility - tips & tricks?!

Posted by Nick Vancauwenberghe on 11-Sep-2017 09:42

I want to provide our legacy .w files with Widget ID's.

I'm experimenting with "Widget ID Assignment Utility" for statically assign these ids in the code. I tried several individual sources. Always it returns the status "Assigned". 

But when inspecting the source, 0 changes are found. So the util didn't do anything with my .w file.

The log file provides no extra information: 

Does anybody have some tips & tricks. What do I need to do, take into account, ... to get the Utility working for me?

(I'm using Proversion 11.3.3.)

All Replies

Posted by Nick Vancauwenberghe on 11-Sep-2017 09:44

Btw: I searched Internet and the progress community but didn't find helpful information.

Posted by Brian K. Maher on 11-Sep-2017 09:54

Hi Nick,

I did a quick test of this outside of DevStudio by creating a .w in the AppBuilder then doing the widget assignment.  This worked as expected.  Perhaps the issue is related to doing it within DevStudio?   Perhaps the Window->Preferences->Progress OpenEdge->AppBuilder->Editor option “Make AppBuilder generated code read-only” needs to be unchecked for it to work from within DevStudio.

Brian

Posted by Nick Vancauwenberghe on 03-Oct-2017 10:16

[mention:43713cf888d84bdcb3637e465ffa1de6:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05] thanks for the answer. Tried the unchecking the read-only preference. I get the same problem result.

Posted by Brian K. Maher on 03-Oct-2017 11:18

Hi Nick,

Can you please open a case with support on this and send us a .w file which shows the problem?  We need to get to the bottom of this.

Brian

This thread is closed