Error while creating browse (5635)

Posted by alexandru.trasca on 02-Aug-2017 03:27

I'm trying to add a browse on a simple window, but I receive error no. 5636 while I'm trying to add the temp table fields. I also tried using a sports2000 temp table and reinstalled progress with no success.

All Replies

Posted by Brian K. Maher on 02-Aug-2017 04:58

You should never need to reinstall for something like this.  Please post your code.

Posted by alexandru.trasca on 02-Aug-2017 05:01

I didn't even get to write any code. I just opened app builder, created a temp-db, set the temp-tables in procedure settings and when i add a browse, I select the temp-table, the fields and when i press ok i get the error

Posted by Brian K. Maher on 02-Aug-2017 05:08

Please provide a set of A to Z exact steps so I can follow them here.  Temp-Tables can be tricky in the AppBuilder.

Posted by alexandru.trasca on 02-Aug-2017 05:14

Ok, so I created an empty db with the name temp-db with the data dictionary. Next I opened App builder, set the apropriate propath, then App builder->tools->db connections and connected to my database. After that tools->temp-db maintenance tool, connected to my empty temp-db created earlier, imported all my includes with temp-table definitions and clicked rebuild temp-db. After that I also connected to the temp-db from tools->db connections. Next, i clicked new->window, dragged a browse on the window, selected a temp table from temp-db, selected the fields that I want, and when I click ok i get the error

Posted by Laura Stern on 02-Aug-2017 09:10

Could you please tell us the actual error message.  As far as I can see, you cannot even get error 5636 in this scenario.

And why are you saying you "selected a temp table" from temp-db. Do you just mean you selected one of the tables in the temp-db database?  

This thread is closed