OE Block Chain?

Posted by Tim Kuehn on 18-Jul-2017 09:03

Has anyone created an OE implementation of block chain technology that'd be willing to share their experience? From what I've read it looks like it'd be pretty straightforward to implement in the ABL. 

All Replies

Posted by Stefan Drissen on 18-Jul-2017 09:18

No experience with an OE implementation and sort of off topic, but this is a great read:

Posted by Matt Baker on 18-Jul-2017 20:55

That was a fun read.  Until  you get to the part where it says the universe would end of heat death before  you could mine a single block.

Posted by agent_008_nl on 15-Apr-2018 12:18

Would that implementation be so straight forward? And for what part of a bc architecture then? All of it?www.computerworld.com/.../what-is-blockchain-the-most-disruptive-tech-in-decades.html

Why would oe be a good choice? And why is there no discussion at all here?  Never mind, hahaha.

Posted by PatrickOReilly on 15-Apr-2018 13:44

I will try to include two diagrams to help you decide how to approach this problem.

First:

And, if you're still not certain, try this one....

Posted by gus bjorklund on 15-Apr-2018 15:26

> On Apr 15, 2018, at 1:20 PM, agent_008_nl wrote:

>

> Would that implementation be so straight forward?

Well, for one thing blockchain transactions are computationally intensive. Bitcoin mining consumes very large amounts of electricity and compute cycles. My estimate is that at my house mining a single bitcoin would cost well over $100 USD just in electricity. Database performance would go into the toilet if block chain was added to regular transactions.

What problem would blockchain technology solve for you? I can’t envision anything useful. but that does not means usefulness cannot be achieved.

I guess there is no discussion here because it is not needed.

Posted by agent_008_nl on 15-Apr-2018 22:54

I hate those bitcoin mining machines as much as you. But bitcoin is not the only coin, others do not consume needless power (see f.e "Proof of Stake algorithms" - https://www.quora.com/What-cryptocurrency-is-more-power-efficient-in-mining-than-bitcoin) . There is the bad smell of tax evasion and criminality also. As with all new technology new ethics have to be developed http://beeckcenter.georgetown.edu/blockchain-ethical-design-framework-social-impact/. What problems bc can solve you can easily find out with google. It is not a meaningless buzzword you will find out after some research I guess, "Numerous companies in 2017 began rolling out pilot programs and real-world projects across a variety of industries - everything from financial services to healthcare to mobile payments and even global shipping." (see the link I sent with the first reaction). If it is needed the market decides. I will be working as contractor on a blockchain if all goes well in a couple of days....  

This thread is closed