OE DevelopersKit Corporate - what to install to have PASOE?

Posted by goo on 13-Jun-2017 12:53

Just bought OEDevKIT Corporate, and have installed Linux 64bit

OE AppServer Ent.

OE RDBMS Adv Ent Edition

OE AppServer Basic

All installed on a Ubuntu 16.x server x64. 

I am trying to create a Psific Application server, but it fails with an error saying that tcman.sh could not found.... after checking KB#60528, it tells me to install the correct license. What is the correct license?

Checking the installation, it has no $DLC/server/pasific directory....

anyone know what I do wrong?

Posted by Srinivas Munigala on 16-Jun-2017 02:11

Hi,

You need to install any one of the following components to use Progress Application Server for OpenEdge (PASOE):

Progress Dev AS for OE

Progress ProdAS for OE  

Thanks,

Srinivas Munigala

Posted by Alon Blich on 16-Jun-2017 03:09

Hi,

Note that PASOE Dev is limited to 1 agent and 5 sessions. Install PASOE Prod for unlimited agents/sessions, if you'd like to run benchmarks etc.

Another remember that if you are defining a Database in OE Management/Explorer it will have a default connection limit (-n) of 20 which you can remove.

HTH,

Alon

All Replies

Posted by Srinivas Munigala on 16-Jun-2017 02:11

Hi,

You need to install any one of the following components to use Progress Application Server for OpenEdge (PASOE):

Progress Dev AS for OE

Progress ProdAS for OE  

Thanks,

Srinivas Munigala

Posted by Alon Blich on 16-Jun-2017 03:09

Hi,

Note that PASOE Dev is limited to 1 agent and 5 sessions. Install PASOE Prod for unlimited agents/sessions, if you'd like to run benchmarks etc.

Another remember that if you are defining a Database in OE Management/Explorer it will have a default connection limit (-n) of 20 which you can remove.

HTH,

Alon

This thread is closed