Installing 11.7 on ubuntu linux

Posted by goo on 13-Jun-2017 01:29

I have tried installing 11.7 on two different servers, and each of them gives me the same problem. proadsv -start seems not to be run. Do I have to add some manually in the startup?

Posted by Stefan Drissen on 13-Jun-2017 17:11

I've never seen the install scripts set this up on Linux / Unix.

But you can add it easily - see knowledgebase.progress.com/.../How-to-autostart-AdminService-on-Linux-with-systemctl-scripts

All Replies

Posted by Stefan Drissen on 13-Jun-2017 01:36

What does the adminserver log say?

Note that if you have multiple installations, the section in which the non-default port and adminport need to be provided has changed in 11.7 - see the extra parts in knowledgebase.progress.com/.../P159835

Posted by goo on 13-Jun-2017 11:09

It is not multiple installations. When I have done the installation, and reboots the Linux server, the proadsv -q shows that it is not started. If I do a sudo proadsv - start, it will start. I Wonder why it is not added to the startup by default, as it has been done before.

Posted by Stefan Drissen on 13-Jun-2017 17:11

I've never seen the install scripts set this up on Linux / Unix.

But you can add it easily - see knowledgebase.progress.com/.../How-to-autostart-AdminService-on-Linux-with-systemctl-scripts

Posted by goo on 13-Jun-2017 17:30

Thanks Stefan, I hoped I didn't had to do that, but than again, now I know :-) Always something extra to do...

This thread is closed