Migration of 11.3 webspeed (classic) to 11.7 web (pasific)

Posted by goo on 08-Jun-2017 03:09

Could anyone point me to where I can find documentation for how migrate a 11.3 webspeed system to 11.7 pasific web?

Is there something we need to be aware of? 

Is there some whitepapers about this migration?

//Geir Otto

Posted by goo on 08-Jun-2017 04:58

Thanks Mike, I don't think they have done changes in web-disp.p nor have they used mapping :-)

Thanks for the info !

//Geir Otto

Posted by Mike Fechner on 08-Jun-2017 03:18

Hey Geir,

did you customize WebSpeed? Something like web speed startup procedure? PASOE Web Handlers (the new webspeed) is not using that (web-disp.p).

Are you using mapped web objects? They have been dropped.

For standard embedded speed speed (ABL code in .html file) and CGI wrappers there is no migration. They will continue to run through the compatibility web handler.

This document should have useful information: documentation.progress.com/.../pasoe_migration_development.pdf

Cheers,
Mike

All Replies

Posted by Mike Fechner on 08-Jun-2017 03:18

Hey Geir,

did you customize WebSpeed? Something like web speed startup procedure? PASOE Web Handlers (the new webspeed) is not using that (web-disp.p).

Are you using mapped web objects? They have been dropped.

For standard embedded speed speed (ABL code in .html file) and CGI wrappers there is no migration. They will continue to run through the compatibility web handler.

This document should have useful information: documentation.progress.com/.../pasoe_migration_development.pdf

Cheers,
Mike

Posted by goo on 08-Jun-2017 04:58

Thanks Mike, I don't think they have done changes in web-disp.p nor have they used mapping :-)

Thanks for the info !

//Geir Otto

Posted by goo on 08-Jun-2017 05:01

Strange, my answare is not shown. Ok, anyway, no change in web-disp.p and they don't use mapping.

Thanks for your info!

Best regards, Geir Otto

This thread is closed