PSC00350688 - Issue with indexes that span the 32/64-bit bou

Posted by Tai Li on 15-May-2017 04:43

Hi All,

My clients and myself are using OE10.2B0800. Recently received an email from Progress regarding this critical hotfix (OE10.2B0864). There is this point #6 in 'PROGRESS_OPENEDGE_10.2B0864_README.txt' that I need to clarify, which states:

6. Any projects/applications that were deployed using [RELEASE_VERSION] should
be rebuilt and redeployed after the patch is installed.

I understand that the hotfix should be applied onto RDBMS and Development components; but does the end users Client Networking component needs to be patched as well? (Eg. Re-deployed r-code based on hotfix OE10.2B0864 to end users running OE10.2B0800.)

Thank you.

Regards,
Tai Li

Posted by Garry Hall on 15-May-2017 07:19

Hotfixes are an accumulation of urgent fixes on a release. You don't just get that particular fix, you get fixes for many other bugs as well that have been pushed out for 10.2B08. The decision on whether to update your Client Networking install (and whether to rebuild r-code) would depend on what is addressed in the hotfix, and whether you are suffering from anything that was addressed. There is no hotfix installer, and the range of bugs addressed can be very large, so it is hard to identify each specific thing you might need to address when installing the hotfix. The notes at the end of the hotfix README are intended to alert you to the things you might need to do in order to deploy the hotfix.

The particular bug you are concerned about (PSC00350688) would affect only db servers and self-service clients. You should review the list of bugs addressed in the hotfix.

All Replies

Posted by Garry Hall on 15-May-2017 07:19

Hotfixes are an accumulation of urgent fixes on a release. You don't just get that particular fix, you get fixes for many other bugs as well that have been pushed out for 10.2B08. The decision on whether to update your Client Networking install (and whether to rebuild r-code) would depend on what is addressed in the hotfix, and whether you are suffering from anything that was addressed. There is no hotfix installer, and the range of bugs addressed can be very large, so it is hard to identify each specific thing you might need to address when installing the hotfix. The notes at the end of the hotfix README are intended to alert you to the things you might need to do in order to deploy the hotfix.

The particular bug you are concerned about (PSC00350688) would affect only db servers and self-service clients. You should review the list of bugs addressed in the hotfix.

Posted by Tai Li on 19-May-2017 04:41

Hi [mention:a387dc18957841c098637f5e31360c01:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05], thank you for your opinions and advises. My final decision is to apply the hotfix to the user machines too.

Regards,

Tai Li

This thread is closed