oebpsdb - the oebps_7.d1 is growing biiiiiig

Posted by goo on 04-May-2017 10:06

What is the easiest way to reduce the size of the OEBPS database? and what is it? I has been larger than 2Gb, and I either need to move or make it much smaller.

Posted by Brian K. Maher on 04-May-2017 11:36

The .st file for the database defined the oebps_7.d1 file as fixed size of 2 gig

Posted by Yokesh Parasuraman on 04-May-2017 11:28

OEBPSDB is used by the OE-BPM module. If you're not using BPM or not planning to use it at all, you can stop the database and move it or delete it. And when you want to use BPM, you can manually create the database and run bpm db scripts to recreate the tables. What makes me curious is how the database grew in size to 2 GB on your local machine when you haven't been using BPM at all.

All Replies

Posted by Yokesh Parasuraman on 04-May-2017 10:12

Archiving some of the old process instances will help reduce database size

Posted by goo on 04-May-2017 10:18

How? This is on my developer machine, and to be honest, I have no clue what this database is. I believe I can't just remove it....

Posted by goo on 04-May-2017 10:28

It seems like it is some old stuff from 11.3... last time it was used was 04.03.2016, so I will move them to another area.

Posted by Yokesh Parasuraman on 04-May-2017 11:28

OEBPSDB is used by the OE-BPM module. If you're not using BPM or not planning to use it at all, you can stop the database and move it or delete it. And when you want to use BPM, you can manually create the database and run bpm db scripts to recreate the tables. What makes me curious is how the database grew in size to 2 GB on your local machine when you haven't been using BPM at all.

Posted by Brian K. Maher on 04-May-2017 11:36

The .st file for the database defined the oebps_7.d1 file as fixed size of 2 gig

Posted by goo on 04-May-2017 11:47

:-) thanks, I am not using it, but have probably installed everything. I should be more restrictiv. Anyway, the problem hit me because of low diskspace... I deleted it and now all is cool.

This thread is closed