proserve command is not recognized in cmd

Posted by Rus Paul-Adrian on 16-Feb-2017 06:17

Whenever I try to use the command "proserve mydb_name -H localhost -S 5000" in the cmd prompt I get the following error: 'proserve' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. I am running the command in the folder where my database is located.

Is there a way to fix this error, or is there another way to do the same thing using the AppServer configuration menu?

Posted by gdb390 on 16-Feb-2017 06:24

Do you run the proenv command ?

in the command prompt : call  <instal dir openedge>\bin\proenv.bat psc

then go to db folder en do the proserve again

All Replies

Posted by gdb390 on 16-Feb-2017 06:24

Do you run the proenv command ?

in the command prompt : call  <instal dir openedge>\bin\proenv.bat psc

then go to db folder en do the proserve again

Posted by Rus Paul-Adrian on 16-Feb-2017 06:35

So after I run your command and run my command, then that's it?

Unrelated question:

Does my command also give my database the possibility to be accessed by multiple users?

Posted by gdb390 on 16-Feb-2017 06:41

yes, the command you use is for multiple user connections (remote service connection)

Posted by gus bjorklund on 16-Feb-2017 08:48

>

> Does my command also give my database the possibility to be accessed by multiple users?

Yes. That is what the proserve command is intended for. It starts the database in multi-user mode and will allow a certain number of client connections.

Your example will start the server with default configuration parameters, which may or may not suit your neeeds.

To see the settings being used, take a look at the database message log file. That’s the one with the “.lg" suffix in the database home directory.

This thread is closed