Can't install service packs

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 17-Jan-2017 14:40

Greetings.

PDSOE 11.6 win64 v10, installed on E:\ (SSD)

I'm trying to apply 11.61, 6.2 and 63 all to my workstation, but when run the 11.6.1 instaell program, it beaks out with a message about :

OpenEdge r11.6 is not installed....

I uncompressed the contents of the install pack on E:\T\1 directory, and from there I ran the setup program..

Thanks...

Posted by Brian K. Maher on 17-Jan-2017 14:44

Octavio,

You may have a messed up registry from the 11.6 installation.  Try using the ini2reg utility to load the progress.ini values into both hkey_current_user and hkey_local_machine.

Also, you only need to install the 11.6.3 service pack.  Service packs are cumulative.  :-)

Brian

All Replies

Posted by Brian K. Maher on 17-Jan-2017 14:44

Octavio,

You may have a messed up registry from the 11.6 installation.  Try using the ini2reg utility to load the progress.ini values into both hkey_current_user and hkey_local_machine.

Also, you only need to install the 11.6.3 service pack.  Service packs are cumulative.  :-)

Brian

Posted by Mike Fechner on 17-Jan-2017 14:46

Von: OctavioOlguin [mailto:bounce-OctavioOlguin@community.progress.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 17. Januar 2017 21:43
An: TU.OE.General@community.progress.com
Betreff: [Technical Users - OE General] Can't install service packs

Update from Progress Community

Greetings.

PDSOE 11.6 win64 v10, installed on E:\ (SSD)

I'm trying to apply 11.61, 6.2 and 63 all to my workstation, but when run the 11.6.1 instaell program, it beaks out with a message about :

OpenEdge r11.6 is not installed....

I uncompressed the contents of the install pack on E:\T\1 directory, and from there I ran the setup program..

Thanks...

View online

You received this notification because you subscribed to the forum.  To stop receiving updates from only this thread, go here.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

This thread is closed