Experiences with the PDS Eclipse Plugin in other version of

Posted by slacroixak on 04-Jan-2017 03:16

Hi all,

Next to a recent update of Git, EGit (Eclipse plugin to interact with GIT) has become instable in the 4.3.2 version of Eclipse shipped with 11.6, so I am considering to reinstall the PDS to target a 4.6 installation of Eclipse of mine.

The Product availability guide has no statement about the support of other versions of Eclipse (not the shipped one) since OE 11.4. (https://community.progress.com/community_groups/openedge_general/m/documents/3113/download)

Q1 : Any idea of the official statement of Progress regarding the support of other version of Eclipse?
Q2 : Have some of you tried this option? What are your experiences?

TIA

/S

Posted by Ramadevi Dhavala on 06-Jan-2017 06:50

Hi,

From the past few releases, we are officially supporting only the respective eclipse version that is being shipped with Progress Developer Studio for OpenEdge.

Thanks,

Ramadevi

Posted by Sanjeva Manchala on 06-Jan-2017 08:26

Hi Tim,

I think at present we don’t have any plans to ship PDSOE with 4.6 version. We are planning to ship next version of PDS OE (OpenEdge 11.7) with eclipse 4.5.2.

Thanks,
Sanjeev.

All Replies

Posted by Ramadevi Dhavala on 06-Jan-2017 06:50

Hi,

From the past few releases, we are officially supporting only the respective eclipse version that is being shipped with Progress Developer Studio for OpenEdge.

Thanks,

Ramadevi

Posted by Tim Kuehn on 06-Jan-2017 08:14

When will you be updating the Eclipse version? There's some tools I want to use that only work with a more recent version.

Posted by Sanjeva Manchala on 06-Jan-2017 08:26

Hi Tim,

I think at present we don’t have any plans to ship PDSOE with 4.6 version. We are planning to ship next version of PDS OE (OpenEdge 11.7) with eclipse 4.5.2.

Thanks,
Sanjeev.

This thread is closed