OpenEdge Explorer issues after upgrading from 11.3 to 11.6

Posted by RJPowell on 02-Dec-2016 07:11

Afternoon,

We've recently created an OE 11.6 version of our product, and are currently QAing the upgrade process from the existing 11.3 and 11.5 versions on a Windows 7 system.  11.5 to 11.6 has worked fine, but 11.3 to 11.6 is producing a wierd issue with OE Explorer.  All we've done is uninstall the existing 11.3.1 installation, and installed 11.6 and SP1.  Everything appears to be fine, the AdminService starts, firing up OE Explorer all looks good, you change the default password and it's all still fine, then after logging in with the new settings, you get this:

We've rolled the system back and tried again a couple of times (initially we were using mergeprop to bring our 11.3 settings in, but we've tried without as well to rule that out), but it's always the same result.  You can navigate around to other pages with the links at the bottom of the page (2nd screenshot), setup DBs and get them running, it's just all done with this messed up interface on every page.

Anyone ever seen this or similar before?

Posted by RJPowell on 02-Dec-2016 07:36

Cheers for the answer, but we have solved it.  Now feeling like a proper idiot, turns out we just needed to clear the cache in IE.  I forgot my troubleshooting 101 and just dived right into searching for something complex.

All Replies

Posted by thunderfoot79 on 02-Dec-2016 07:21

I'm curious why the upgrade from 11.5 to 11.6 is working fine.  I experienced the same issues you see now in our 11.5.1 installation for OpenEdge Management.  Switching to a different browser such as Chrome should correct your issues.  We've submitted cases in the past for OpenEdge Management and this issue appears to be fixed now for that product.  I'm surprised they didn't pass on those same fixes to Explorer.  

Posted by RJPowell on 02-Dec-2016 07:36

Cheers for the answer, but we have solved it.  Now feeling like a proper idiot, turns out we just needed to clear the cache in IE.  I forgot my troubleshooting 101 and just dived right into searching for something complex.

This thread is closed