Infogistics Ultragrid

Posted by rkane on 22-Nov-2016 15:35

Hello,

Progress 10.2B07

I'm trying to use a Infogistics Ultragrid which works fine when run from OE Architect but has some problems when deployed.  I am using a temp table as a data source.  The initial load works fine.  When I rebuild with less rows it leaves empty rows in the grid.  When I rebuild with more rows it only will display the number of rows that were in the initial load.

General structure is:

define temp table

define query for temp table scrolling

create records in the temp table

assign a handle variable = query handle

query-prepare

query-open

assign binding source handle = handle variable

When I want to refresh the grid with more or less records I empty the temp table, rebuild the temp table, and query-open.

Strange that it works fine when run from Architect.  Outside or Architect it refreshes the data but will not add or delete rows above or below the original number of rows.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick

Posted by Laura Stern on 22-Nov-2016 16:40

In every case of this I've seen before it is the result of not re-opening the query after refilling the temp-table.  So then the BindingSource has the wrong Count value, based on the old result set.  You claim you are doing that, so that is odd.

Running from "Architect" (i.e., PDSOE) should most definitely not affect the behavior at all so that is very suspicious.  Are you sure you don't have old r-code hanging around that is being used when you run from outside Architect?  Perhaps old r-code that did not re-open the query?

All Replies

Posted by Laura Stern on 22-Nov-2016 16:40

In every case of this I've seen before it is the result of not re-opening the query after refilling the temp-table.  So then the BindingSource has the wrong Count value, based on the old result set.  You claim you are doing that, so that is odd.

Running from "Architect" (i.e., PDSOE) should most definitely not affect the behavior at all so that is very suspicious.  Are you sure you don't have old r-code hanging around that is being used when you run from outside Architect?  Perhaps old r-code that did not re-open the query?

Posted by rkane on 23-Nov-2016 08:49

Thank you!  You are correct in that I was picking up an old .r.  I should have caught that.  Thanks for the push in the right direction.

This thread is closed