User Permission to run Apache

Posted by Robert Cohen on 19-Aug-2016 08:10

Hi All,

I am not sure if this is the correct Group but i am new here - I tried asking the peg but I see it is no longer avaialble and I was a long time member.

I have a user called "mfg" that is used to start the databases and Apache and all database related functions. I set up another user "mfgapp" that is supposed to be a duplicate of the user "mfg" but rather than having command prompt access run a menu.

From the menu the "mfgapp" user can run the Apache shutdown and start up scripts to reset Apachine if the QAD NetUi front end hangs (That is another issue.) I set this up so that they can restart Apache if I am not available.

This works fine until they exist the menu - then the Apache server goes down again. What can I do to avoid this?

User mfg - cd /apps/tomcat/apache-tomcat-7.0.54/bin then run ./startup.sh works fine even when user exits
User mfgapp - logs in and gets menu - chooses reset which run the /apps/scripts/tomcat_reset script which was set up for us and does /apps/tomcat/apache-tomcat-7.0.54/bin/shutdown.sh sleeps 10 seconds and then /apps/tomcat/apache-tomcat-7.0.54/bin/startup.sh
When complete the user is returned to the menu and tomcat is running but if user exits the process seems to die and tomcat goes down.

What should I look at changing - adjusting?

Robert

All Replies

This thread is closed