Report is pulling the incorrect supervisor

Posted by markell trotter on 18-Aug-2016 16:51

This process is using hr-history.emp_unum_supv to find the supervisor, but DCX program doesn't send either hr-history.supv-emp-id or hr-history.emp_unum_supv.

 

A check is needed when looking for the supervisor info. If the emp_unum_supv is blank, then try supv-emp-id. If both are blank, then use the claimadr w/ addr-type = 'SUP'.

 

/* supervisor info */

 

   IF AVAILABLE hr-history THEN

       FIND bf-hr-master

           WHERE bf-hr-master.cont-num EQ claim.cont-num

             AND bf-hr-master.emp_unum EQ hr-history.emp_unum_supv

             AND bf-hr-master.deleted  EQ FALSE

       NO-LOCK NO-ERROR.

  

   IF AVAILABLE hr-history AND AVAILABLE bf-hr-master AND

      bf-hr-master.first-name + bf-hr-master.last-name <> "" THEN

      ASSIGN

      tt-data-tble.sup-f-name = bf-hr-master.first-name

      tt-data-tble.sup-l-name = bf-hr-master.last-name

      tt-data-tble.sup-phone  = fnFormatPhone(bf-hr-master.w-phone).

   ELSE DO:

     

      FIND FIRST claimadr OF claim WHERE

         claimadr.addr-type = "SUP" NO-LOCK NO-ERROR.

 

      IF AVAILABLE claimadr THEN

         ASSIGN

         tt-data-tble.sup-f-name = claimadr.first-name

         tt-data-tble.sup-l-name = claimadr.last-name

         tt-data-tble.sup-phone  = fnFormatPhone(claimadr.phone1).

   END.

 

I have tried everything I can think of to solve this but it seems that my logic is seriously flawed. This is the last solution I could think of and it does’t work either.

 

 

IF AVAILABLE hr-history THEN

       FIND bf-hr-master

           WHERE bf-hr-master.cont-num EQ claim.cont-num

             AND bf-hr-master.emp_unum EQ hr-history.emp_unum_supv

             AND bf-hr-master.deleted  EQ FALSE

       NO-LOCK NO-ERROR.

   ELSE

     IF NOT AVAILABLE hr-history THEN

            FIND bf-hr-master

            WHERE bf-hr-master.cont-num EQ claim.cont-num

            AND bf-hr-master.emp_id EQ hr-history.supv-emp-id

            AND bf-hr-master.deleted  EQ FALSE

       NO-LOCK NO-ERROR.

 

   IF AVAILABLE hr-history AND AVAILABLE bf-hr-master AND

      bf-hr-master.first-name + bf-hr-master.last-name <> "" THEN

      ASSIGN

      tt-data-tble.sup-f-name = bf-hr-master.first-name

      tt-data-tble.sup-l-name = bf-hr-master.last-name

      tt-data-tble.sup-phone  = fnFormatPhone(bf-hr-master.w-phone).

 ELSE DO:

 

      FIND FIRST claimadr OF claim WHERE

         claimadr.addr-type = "SUP" NO-LOCK NO-ERROR.

 

      IF AVAILABLE claimadr THEN

         ASSIGN

        tt-data-tble.sup-f-name = claimadr.first-name

         tt-data-tble.sup-l-name = claimadr.last-name

         tt-data-tble.sup-phone  = fnFormatPhone(claimadr.phone1).

   END.

 

 

I have tried so many possible solutions but I cannot seem to get the right logic for this.

All Replies

Posted by Brian K. Maher on 19-Aug-2016 04:50
Markell,
 
Please note that when referring to things specific to whatever app you are using, most folks here won’t have any clue what you are talking about.
 

>> This process is using hr-history.emp_unum_supv to find the supervisor, but DCX program doesn't send either hr-history.supv-emp-id or hr-history.emp_unum_supv.

 
No one knows what “DCX program” means.
 
Brian
Posted by Marco Mendoza on 19-Aug-2016 08:37

As I don't have clear your tables, my only suggestion is to use on several points of your program

MESSAGE "hr-history:" AVAILABLE hr-history VIEW-AS ALERT-BOX.

etc .. similar for the other tables ...

Probably you can track where is the problem ...

Posted by Marco Mendoza on 19-Aug-2016 08:40

btw, you said "If the emp_unum_supv is blank, then try supv-emp-id"

I don't see on your code that check, you are checking the frist and last name, not the id.

Posted by markell trotter on 19-Aug-2016 08:47

Ok I apologize that makes since Brian thanks. Marco thanks for the suggestions and I think that I may have the right solution now that I see the check is for first and last names. Thanks guys.

This thread is closed