Forum bugbear - lost context on logging in

Posted by James Palmer on 12-Jul-2016 03:29

Now that Jean has gone I've no idea who to raise these sorts of things with. Who is the new manager of the Community? 

If I click on a link in email to a thread it brings up the thread. But if I'm not logged in I need to log in to reply to a post. The trouble is, after logging in I'm returned to the home page and not the thread I was originally on so I have to go looking for it again. Please can the context be stored for log in. 

All Replies

Posted by Mike Fechner on 12-Jul-2016 03:36

+1!

Posted by rayherring on 12-Jul-2016 04:10

+100 on this.

I've resorted to copying the link before I click on 'Log In' so that I can return back to the thread. Would be nice not to have to do that.

Posted by Bill Wood on 12-Jul-2016 06:46

(FYI... three comments:  (1) A new community manager has been hired to replace Jean, so these issues will have a full time owner, but (2) in the meantime, I will pass this onto Customer Support who is handling Community issues right now. (3) I will add my personal +1, although Ray's +100 clearly overwhelms my input).

Posted by James Palmer on 12-Jul-2016 06:53

Thanks very much for the response [mention:cc09feab3621421d87a3c87b3a60d051:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05]

Posted by Carly on 12-Jul-2016 07:50

Hi,

I'm happy to assist. I will check with the vendor on this behavior and see if this is expected, a bug or a request for an enhancement. Best Regards, Carly

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 12-Jul-2016 09:22

I reported this to Jean eons ago, so it should have long since been in the backlog queue with the vendor.

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 15-Jul-2016 10:11

Note that today I had a very odd variation on this.  I brought up one thread, it showed I was logged in, I composed a post and hit Reply and it did not refresh. I hit Reply again and got a message that it was a duplicate post.  I hit refresh and there was the post.  I closed that tab and went back to reading the mail.  I found another thread I wanted to comment on, hit the link, up came the thread, but I was NOT logged in.  So, I logged in, expecting to have to delete the tab and click on the link again, but it came back to the thread.  So, I composed a response, hit Reply, and no refresh.  Hit reply gain and got a message about a duplicate post.  Refreshed, and there was the post.

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 15-Jul-2016 10:14

And, when I posted that, it told me that an error occurred.  Before I hit reply, I had done Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C to get a copy, just in case, so I did refresh, but there was the post just fine.  Wonder what will happen with this one?

This thread is closed