How to make the PDS Editor jump to a given section of code f

Posted by slacroixak on 09-Mar-2016 05:07

Hi all,

adecomm/oeideservice.i provides functions like openEditor()  to make a little plugging open a given source in the PDS.  Fine.   But so far I haven't found a way to make it jump to a given section (say a given procedure or method) or even to a given piece of text.

viewSourceSection(?, 'bla')  fails in getDesignId adecomm/oeideservice.p with an error 3135 (invalid handle   for the first param)  so I suppose it is meant to be used only with the old AppBuilder (not in Eclipse)

findAndSelect() seems to have no effect at all.

I have extracted src/adecomm.pl and can see a few interesting animals.  It seems the iDesignId INT64 is always bound to a GUI context  (a window or frame or object...).

Has anyone done something like to drive a bit the PDS?

/Sébastien L.

All Replies

Posted by Patrick Tingen on 10-Mar-2016 01:20

Interested in this as well. I really miss the CTRL-PAGE-UP/DOWN keys for navigating around in my source, jumping from procedure to procedure (I know, I can use the quick outline, but it gets me out of my flow)

Just tried it with a small program to jump to the next occurrence of the word "PROCEDURE" in my source, but no success. I set it up in the extensibility editor and let the name of the current file in the editor be sent to the program, hence the input parameter. 

/* Jump to next program */

{adecomm/oeideservice.i}

DEFINE INPUT PARAMETER pcFileName AS CHARACTER NO-UNDO.
DEFINE VARIABLE cProjectName AS CHARACTER NO-UNDO.

cProjectName = getProjectName().

findAndSelect(cProjectName, pcFileName, 'PROCEDURE', TRUE).

Posted by Jeff Ledbetter on 10-Mar-2016 08:14

CTRL-O is good for jumping around in the Eclipse editor.

This thread is closed