PDSOE came to a halt. Can't create new UIB Design.

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 02-Dec-2015 12:06

some time ago, I posted about my PDSOE won't allowed me to create New UIB Design windows, and as it is a bad time of the year to start working with .cls as the learning curve could be step and company needs are stagering, so I have to strive to get things done, and later i can turn to get things pretty.

I used to have a window  and a dialog empty both of them and just copy where I need new window and rename and add stuff.  But I lost my bases ..

I came to realize that is pitty...

Someone has had this same problem?   back then I unistalled OEPDS and reinstalled several times... but now I'm in the middle of lots of hurry of some users and need to create some stuff..

Help..

Posted by egarcia on 03-Dec-2015 10:37

You are welcome.

If your PDSOE is register, then the posting a technical issue should create a ticket. You should have received a confirmation email on this.

I look at the log file but I cannot pin point example what is null when the method is called.

So I do not have a quick answer on this.

BTW, what about just using the AppBuilder option from the program menu to create new window?

Then you could try opening this window from PDSOE.

Thanks.

All Replies

Posted by egarcia on 03-Dec-2015 08:23

Hello,

Could you provide more details on what errors you are getting when trying to create the new window?

Do you have errors in the .log file for PDSOE/Eclipse? (You can also see some of the logs using Help->Report Technical Issue.)

You mentioned about have a base window file that you could use  to do your work. Do you have another install of PDSOE that is working? Perhaps, on another machine.

I would like to suggest to contact Technical Support so that you get some assign to the issue.

I hope this helps.

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 03-Dec-2015 09:22

Thanks Edsel...

It's somekind wierd.:

if clicking right-mouse on the project explorer view, on a dir, or choosing the "New" drop-down button on the toolbar, it won´t happen anything...  they are unresponisible (they push-down and up, but no action triggered) the way to get the wizard is by menu bar file>new>Other... so I get "New" wizard.  there choosing category AppBuilder, then ABL UI Design, then Next button, and it goes to step 2 .  (If I double-click at that point on the UIB Design option, will trigger a java error.

From there, the options (.w, .p and both ttys won't fire the enabling of the fields below, where you put the name of procedure, and shows the description of the item just selected).

I've posted the technical issue... (Wi'll it fire a support ticket?)

I don't have another instance of PDSOE.   the one I'm using is a machine where I have installed and uninstalled pdsoe several times..

Thanks for your guiadance...

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 03-Dec-2015 09:31

When choosing New, the error log shows the following error:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2015-12-03 09:25:46.443
!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.openedge.pdt.oestudio.wizards.TemplateContentProvider.getChildren(TemplateContentProvider.java:36)
	at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.getRawChildren(AbstractTreeViewer.java:1374)
	at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.TreeViewer.getRawChildren(TreeViewer.java:391)
	at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.getFilteredChildren(StructuredViewer.java:917)
	at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.getSortedChildren(AbstractTreeViewer.java:620)
	at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer$1.run(AbstractTreeViewer.java:820)
	at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
	at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.createChildren(AbstractTreeViewer.java:797)
	at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.TreeViewer.createChildren(TreeViewer.java:644)
	at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.internalExpandToLevel(AbstractTreeViewer.java:1770)
	at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.internalExpandToLevel(AbstractTreeViewer.java:1780)
	at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.internalInitializeTree(AbstractTreeViewer.java:1549)
	at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.TreeViewer.internalInitializeTree(TreeViewer.java:833)
	at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer$5.run(AbstractTreeViewer.java:1532)
	at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.preservingSelection(StructuredViewer.java:1443)
	at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.TreeViewer.preservingSelection(TreeViewer.java:403)
	at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.preservingSelection(StructuredViewer.java:1404)
	at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.inputChanged(AbstractTreeViewer.java:1525)
	at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.ContentViewer.setInput(ContentViewer.java:280)
	at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.setInput(StructuredViewer.java:1690)
	at com.openedge.pdt.oestudio.wizards.NewAppbuilderFileWizardPage.showProjectTemplates(NewAppbuilderFileWizardPage.java:230)
	at com.openedge.pdt.oestudio.wizards.NewABLWindowWizard.templatesRefreshed(NewABLWindowWizard.java:261)
	at com.openedge.pdt.oestudio.wizards.command.ShowTemplatesCommand.runCommand(ShowTemplatesCommand.java:36)
	at com.openedge.pdt.oestudio.command.AVMCommand$1.run(AVMCommand.java:99)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.syncExec(Synchronizer.java:180)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.UISynchronizer.syncExec(UISynchronizer.java:150)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.syncExec(Display.java:4688)
	at com.openedge.pdt.oestudio.command.AVMCommand.doExecute(AVMCommand.java:97)
	at com.openedge.pdt.oestudio.command.AVMCommand.execute(AVMCommand.java:79)
	at com.openedge.pdt.design.client.AbstractDesignClient.execute(AbstractDesignClient.java:31)
	at com.openedge.pdt.oestudio.wizards.NewABLWindowWizard.refreshTemplates(NewABLWindowWizard.java:253)
	at com.openedge.pdt.oestudio.wizards.NewABLWindowWizard.containerUpdated(NewABLWindowWizard.java:222)
	at com.openedge.pdt.oestudio.wizards.NewAppbuilderFileWizardPage.updateContainerData(NewAppbuilderFileWizardPage.java:219)
	at com.openedge.pdt.text.wizards.AbstractFileWizardPage.validateDialog(AbstractFileWizardPage.java:251)
	at com.openedge.pdt.oestudio.wizards.NewAppbuilderFileWizardPage.validateDialog(NewAppbuilderFileWizardPage.java:325)
	at com.openedge.pdt.text.wizards.AbstractFileWizardPage.dialogChanged(AbstractFileWizardPage.java:219)
	at com.openedge.pdt.text.wizards.AbstractFileWizardPage$2.modifyText(AbstractFileWizardPage.java:129)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:179)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1057)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1081)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1062)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Text.wmCommandChild(Text.java:2974)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.WM_COMMAND(Control.java:4752)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.windowProc(Control.java:4614)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.windowProc(Display.java:4977)
	at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.CallWindowProcW(Native Method)
	at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.CallWindowProc(OS.java:2443)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Text.callWindowProc(Text.java:260)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.windowProc(Control.java:4706)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Text.windowProc(Text.java:2597)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.windowProc(Display.java:4977)
	at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.SetWindowTextW(Native Method)
	at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.SetWindowText(OS.java:3473)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Text.setText(Text.java:2252)
	at com.openedge.pdt.text.wizards.AbstractFileWizardPage.initialize(AbstractFileWizardPage.java:188)
	at com.openedge.pdt.text.wizards.AbstractFileWizardPage.createControl(AbstractFileWizardPage.java:93)
	at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.Wizard.createPageControls(Wizard.java:174)
	at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.createPageControls(WizardDialog.java:736)
	at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.createContents(WizardDialog.java:608)
	at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.create(Window.java:432)
	at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog.create(Dialog.java:1104)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.actions.NewWizardShortcutAction.run(NewWizardShortcutAction.java:122)
	at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:499)
	at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)
	at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:501)
	at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:411)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4170)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3759)
	at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:826)
	at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:802)
	at com.progress.tools.reportbug.ui.actions.ReportBugActionDelegate.openReportBugDialog(ReportBugActionDelegate.java:25)
	at com.progress.tools.reportbug.ui.actions.ReportBugActionDelegate.openDialog(ReportBugActionDelegate.java:19)
	at com.progress.tools.reportbug.ui.actions.HelpMenuReportProgressBugActionDelegate.run(HelpMenuReportProgressBugActionDelegate.java:20)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:251)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WWinPluginAction.runWithEvent(WWinPluginAction.java:229)
	at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)
	at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:501)
	at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:411)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4170)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3759)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1113)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:997)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:138)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:610)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:567)
	at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:124)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:354)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:181)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:636)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:591)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1450)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1426)

Posted by egarcia on 03-Dec-2015 10:37

You are welcome.

If your PDSOE is register, then the posting a technical issue should create a ticket. You should have received a confirmation email on this.

I look at the log file but I cannot pin point example what is null when the method is called.

So I do not have a quick answer on this.

BTW, what about just using the AppBuilder option from the program menu to create new window?

Then you could try opening this window from PDSOE.

Thanks.

Posted by OctavioOlguin on 03-Dec-2015 16:45

Thanks Edsel.

With help from TS, Jeffrey Wolf explored some options, and the PDSOE - Clean, opens a pdsoe (obviously) wich in turns, is able to create new UIB Designs...

Thanks.

This thread is closed