How to link Mobile App Builder of PDS OE and Telerik Kendo U

Posted by sauqad on 05-Oct-2015 14:43

I have migrated the mobile app from Rollbase to Telerik. How to link Mobile App Builder of PDS OE to Telerik Kendo UI?

All Replies

Posted by egarcia on 05-Oct-2015 14:43

Hello,

You can use OpenEdge Developer Studio side by side with Telerik Platform to use Kendo UI.

The Telerik AppBuilder and Telerik Screen Builder provide options to develop applications with Kendo UI and access an OpenEdge backend.

With OpenEdge Developer Studio, you can create a Mobile project (OpenEdge project with Mobile as the project type) to create a Mobile Service (Progress Data Service). Deselect the "Create a Mobile App" checkbox. You would create the Mobile App using Telerik AppBuilder.

With Telerik AppBuilder, you can create a Mobile project. Create an app (Hybrid app and start with a blank app) then use create project to create an AppBuilder Hybrid project and use Progress Data Service to the project template. Then you can configure the project using the information in the README.txt file.

The following link has a summary of the steps:

- community.progress.com/.../2681.how-to-create-a-new-mobile-app-using-telerik-appbuilder

The following workshop shows how Progress Developer Studio and Telerik AppBuilder to access OpenEdge from Kendo UI:

community.progress.com/.../2568.a-sexy-ui-for-progress-openedge-using-jsdo-oe-mobile-template-and-kendo-ui-with-sorting-filtering-and-paging

I hope this helps.

Posted by egarcia on 05-Oct-2015 15:06

Hello,

My previous post was intended to be in another thread.

Still, some of the points apply.

The main point is that you Progress Developer Studio side by side with Telerik AppBuilder.

You would access Telerik AppBuilder from a web browser. You can then run on a simulator or on a device (AppBuilder companion app or app package) to test your application.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Posted by sauqad on 05-Oct-2015 16:26

Thank you for replying on this post and providing the directions.

1. Would latest PDS OE  be pointing to Telerik or Rollbase?

2. Will there be any hot fix / service pack for linking PDS OE with Telerik?

I have completed the steps till JSON creation using Mobile Service in PDS OE and wanted to utilize it as a datasource in Telerik. I will update jsdoSettings.js to point to serviceURI and catalog.

Posted by Shelley Chase on 05-Oct-2015 19:14

Once the MAB is shut down, you will need to go to Telerik Platform.  Creating a  new mobile UI will fail.

There is no tight integration for Telerik Platform so no need for a hot fix.

You design and build in TP for the app stores. TP provides embedded SCC.

If you want to deploy the app as a mobile web app rather than a native app, you can export the app from TP as a zip and copy those files into a PDSOE mobile project to deploy to an appserver. You can also pull the files out of the zip to store in your own SCC.

HTH.

Shelley

This thread is closed