**Disconnected by the server. Code 50. (706)

Posted by NiteshTripathi on 01-Oct-2015 12:12

I tried to load one data definition (.df) to one of my server machine. When i tried and selected the .df file and clicked OK , the application threw the message "**Disconnected by the server. Code 50. (706)".

I loaded the same definition file in another machines with same configurations(OpenEdge 102b 32 bit) , it loaded successfully.

I search in Progress KB and found no help for Code 50 , there were resolutions for code 48 but none for 50.

Can anyone help me out with this ? 

Thanks in advance :)

Posted by Garry Hall on 01-Oct-2015 12:41

50 is a system error, resulting from some unexpected failure when deleting some schema object on the server. Take a look in your .lg file, there should be a (15202) message with (slightly) more detail. You might want to contact Tech Support for more assistance.

All Replies

Posted by Garry Hall on 01-Oct-2015 12:41

50 is a system error, resulting from some unexpected failure when deleting some schema object on the server. Take a look in your .lg file, there should be a (15202) message with (slightly) more detail. You might want to contact Tech Support for more assistance.

Posted by NiteshTripathi on 05-Oct-2015 05:00

Thanks Garry,

I looked into the log file and found the error 15202 stated :- "SYSTEM ERROR: dsmObjectDelete ret -20002, indexNumber 15".

I couldn't find any details for the above error, so i replaced the DB with a back up from another machine.

This thread is closed