DBMan023 Error

Posted by Lela Keller on 21-Sep-2015 10:23

Hello everyone.

I'm new to the community so please forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong area.

I recently installed OE 11.5 along with the OE 11.5.1 patch. I am able to start the databases using the proserve but the application that I'm installing that runs on the OE database is trying to start them with the dbman command and it's generating an error "Unable to locate database plugin - insure Adminserver is running and is properly configured (DBMan023). I have confirmed the AdminServer is running, and I've stopped and started it manually with no issues.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might resolve this issue? The only thing I've found on the Progress website states the cause is " A client networking license does not allow to start databases." Since I'm able to start the DB using the proserve command I wouldn't think this would be the cause.

Regards,

Lela Keller

All Replies

Posted by Brian K. Maher on 21-Sep-2015 10:28

Lela,

Go to knowledgebase.progress.com/ and search for "DBMan023".  You will find several knowledgebase articles for this error.

Brian

Posted by Paul Koufalis on 21-Sep-2015 10:29

Did you configure the DBs in OpenEdge Explorer? Try and visit http://hostname:9090 and login (admin/admin are the default credentials). You should see your DB in the resources section.

Not sure if you searched here: knowledgebase.progress.com or just on the global progress.com landing page. You should search directly in the KB. A quick search found this: knowledgebase.progress.com/.../P7203 and a few other relevant entries.

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 21-Sep-2015 11:15

Either the adminserver does not run on default 20931 port, in which case you would need to use “-port” w/ dbman, or the database plugin for whatever reason hasn’t been loaded by the adminserver (search for Plugin.Database in admserv.log, eg Installing plugin: Plugin.Database and few entries below there should be Plugin.Database: Plugin installed or an error, if that’s the case also check ads0.exp) and/or post your findings here.

This thread is closed