How to remove licenses from Progress.cfg

Posted by cverbiest on 25-Aug-2015 03:42

I have a server where both developers and regular users need to use Progress. (not ideal I know).

Currently Client networking & Studio is installed.

I know I can use PROCFG to point to a different progress.cfg , but is it possible to create a progress.cfg with only the client networking without doing a full install ?

Is there a tool to remove additional licenses from a progress.cfg file ?

AFAIK it's not possible but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Running oe10.2B  windows 32 bit

Posted by SJProgress on 25-Aug-2015 04:02

I do not know any other way than "starting" a full install. After entering serials and codes the progress.cfg is created fairly soon so it can be copied and the  rest of the install can be cancelled.

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 25-Aug-2015 04:03

> Is there a tool to remove additional licenses from a progress.cfg file ?

License update - click on product - click on remove, but I believe this is since 11 (eg not in 10.2B)

All Replies

Posted by SJProgress on 25-Aug-2015 04:02

I do not know any other way than "starting" a full install. After entering serials and codes the progress.cfg is created fairly soon so it can be copied and the  rest of the install can be cancelled.

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 25-Aug-2015 04:03

> Is there a tool to remove additional licenses from a progress.cfg file ?

License update - click on product - click on remove, but I believe this is since 11 (eg not in 10.2B)

Posted by cverbiest on 25-Aug-2015 05:06

Thanks to all, don't have 11 here but will try that as well.

Posted by Paul Koufalis on 25-Aug-2015 07:13

It is very easy to edit a cfg file using a hex editor. Simply remove the offending license and subtract one from the first byte of the file.

Posted by cverbiest on 26-Aug-2015 02:50

Tested Libor's anwer in 11.4, works fine.

This thread is closed