Documentation For Calling Corticon Decision Services From th

Posted by ntwatkins on 07-Aug-2015 10:51

I have searched (and searched and searched), but cannot find any documentation about how to call Corticon Decision Services from the ABL in 11.5.  It is my understanding that one can make calls to a decision service without going through the standard ABL web service logic in 11.5.

Can anyone point me to where it is documented as to how to do this in 11.5?

Thanks,

Nick

All Replies

Posted by Cheryl LaBarge on 07-Aug-2015 11:01

You can access online documentation at documentation.progress.com/.../openedge115

This the 11.5 documentation set is accessible at the top link. Please let me know if this is what you need.

Posted by Peter Judge on 07-Aug-2015 11:11

It's in the PDSOE Help (as opposed to the doc set). Progress Developer Studio for OpenEdge Guide > OpenEdge Business Rules

[collapse]
From: ntwatkins [mailto:bounce-ntwatkins@community.progress.com]
Sent: Friday, 07 August, 2015 11:52
To: TU.OE.General@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - OE General] Documentation For Calling Corticon Decision Services From the ABL?

Thread created by ntwatkins

I have searched (and searched and searched), but cannot find any documentation about how to call Corticon Decision Services from the ABL in 11.5.  It is my understanding that one can make calls to a decision service without going through the standard ABL web service logic in 11.5.

Thanks,

Nick

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by Peter Judge on 07-Aug-2015 11:20

[collapse]
Sent: Friday, 07 August, 2015 12:11
Subject: RE: [Technical Users - OE General] Documentation For Calling Corticon Decision Services From the ABL?

It's in the PDSOE Help (as opposed to the doc set). Progress Developer Studio for OpenEdge Guide > OpenEdge Business Rules

[collapse]
From: ntwatkins [mailto:bounce-ntwatkins@community.progress.com]
Sent: Friday, 07 August, 2015 11:52
Subject: [Technical Users - OE General] Documentation For Calling Corticon Decision Services From the ABL?

Thread created by ntwatkins

Thanks,

Nick

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse][/collapse]

Posted by ntwatkins on 07-Aug-2015 12:37

The documentation linked above provides a high-level overview of the classes and the class reference, but I cannot find any documentation or sample about how to use the classes.  Is this available anywhere or are we on our own?

Thanks,

Nick

Posted by ntwatkins on 07-Aug-2015 14:32

From looking at the documentation, I can determine the following steps from ending to beginning:

1.  I can create a decision service and invoke it using the DecisionService class.

2.  To create the DecisionService, I have to provide a RulesServerConnection and a service name.  Determining the service name is easy as that is just the name of the decision service.

3.  To create a RulesServerConnection, I have to provide a RulesServerConnectionParameters object.

4.  In order to create a RulesServerConnectionParameters object, I have to provide a JsonObject object.

5.  The JsonObject's constructor takes a character string as input.  The class reference indicates that this is supposed to contain valid connection parameters.

What are the valid connection parameters?  This is where I am stuck, and the documentation does not seem very clear in this regard.

Thanks,

Nick

Posted by Cheryl LaBarge on 07-Aug-2015 14:52

Progress also offers online training. This is based on a subscription to take training. There is a course Using Corticon Business Rules in an OpenEdge Application

Posted by Cheryl LaBarge on 07-Aug-2015 15:11

Not sure how best to attach a picture, but I added a file with an image from the training course.with permission from the online training group which might help you get connected. A URL might be all you need.  I will look for the complete list of connections parameters. 

Posted by ntwatkins on 07-Aug-2015 15:18

Thank you very much.  This gave me the information that I needed to complete the picture.

Thanks,

Nick

Posted by Cheryl LaBarge on 07-Aug-2015 15:22

Have a  great weekend.

This thread is closed