Help: ALT Characters + France Keyboard + _progres

Posted by Paul Koufalis on 15-Jun-2015 05:00

I'm in France trying to use an AZERTY keyboard. When I try to type any ALT character in a ChUI _progres the editor ignores me. For example, backslash is "ALT GR - 8" (right ALT key - 8).

It must be something silly. Anyone?

Paul

All Replies

Posted by Mike Fechner on 15-Jun-2015 05:03

Do you need to use shift to actually you're the number 8?

Von meinem Windows Phone gesendet

Von: Paul Koufalis
Gesendet: ‎15.‎06.‎2015 06:01
An: TU.OE.General@community.progress.com
Betreff: [Technical Users - OE General] Help: ALT Characters + France Keyboard + _progres

Thread created by Paul Koufalis

I'm in France trying to use an AZERTY keyboard. When I try to type any ALT character in a ChUI _progres the editor ignores me. For example, backslash is "ALT GR - 8" (right ALT key - 8).

It must be something silly. Anyone?

Paul

Posted by Paul Koufalis on 15-Jun-2015 05:06

if I'm just at the DOS prompt, ALTGR-8 gives me a backslash and ALTGR-3 gives me a #. Neither works in the Progress editor.

Posted by Riverside Software on 15-Jun-2015 05:20

Same problem here. Different solutions :

* Use forward slashes, they're also accepted under windows.

* I'm personally using WinCompose ( github.com/.../wincompose ) which let you use the right alt key in a very interesting way

* Install the US keyboard layout, I assume you know it by heart

Posted by Garry Hall on 15-Jun-2015 07:32

Interesting. Using READKEY and LASTKEY, AltGr-8 has a key code of 1080, which is why the Procedure Editor is not treating it as a backslash. I don't know if this is a known issue or not. I found some existing bugs that look similar, but have not yet been addressed. I would suggest contacting Tech Support, just so that a bug can be logged.

This thread is closed