OpenEdge 10.2B on Windows 10

Posted by cstone on 10-Jun-2015 21:41

Hi

Windows 10 is expected to be released soon possibly in end-July or August 2015.   May I know whether there is any plan for OpenEdge V10 products to be certified for WIndows 10?

Rgds

Seah

Posted by Brian Bowman on 12-Jun-2015 10:23

Hi –
   We will also test and certify 10.2B08 with Windows 10.

Brian

Brian L. Bowman

Senior Principal Product Manager
Progress Software Corporation
14 Oak Park, Bedford, MA, USA 01730

Phone: +1 (603) 801-8259
Email: bowman@progress.com

[collapse]
From: cstone [mailto:bounce-cstone@community.progress.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2015 3:27 AM
To: TU.OE.General@community.progress.com
Subject: RE: [Technical Users - OE General] OpenEdge 10.2B on Windows 10

Reply by cstone

Hi Dileep

Yes I saw that under the topic "Don't know whether its Off-limit" . This is the topic that prompt me to ask about V10.2B.   The way I read it is that it would be done for OE11.  But I would like to confirm whether it would be done for OE10 as well.

Regards

Seah

Posted by Dileep Dasa on 11-Jun-2015 01:44

Please look at this thread:

community.progress.com/.../18501.aspx

Posted by cstone on 11-Jun-2015 02:03

Hi Dileep

Thanks but I have no access to the thread you have given - this is my first time posting here.

Regards

Seah

Posted by bronco on 11-Jun-2015 02:07

The response on clicking the link is:

Posted by Dileep Dasa on 11-Jun-2015 02:13

OK.

This is from Product Management:

Window 10 certification is planned for after the official release of the product and where it fits appropriately into our certification schedule. At this point (standard disclaimers apply) it will be sometime after the release of 11.6. I would anticipate the end of this year or the beginning of the next year but that may change.

Posted by cstone on 11-Jun-2015 02:26

Hi Dileep

Yes I saw that under the topic "Don't know whether its Off-limit" . This is the topic that prompt me to ask about V10.2B.   The way I read it is that it would be done for OE11.  But I would like to confirm whether it would be done for OE10 as well.

Regards

Seah

Posted by kevin_saunders on 11-Jun-2015 07:37

I would think it's extremely unlikely to be certified. That said, it'll probably work just fine, though (assuming client side).