How to: Add proenv to cmder

Posted by cverbiest on 01-May-2015 03:45

cmder is a replacement for the windows command prompt. It fixes a lot of standard windows shell issues (resize, history, copy paste, ...) see http://gooseberrycreative.com/cmder/

I figured out how to add proenv to cmder and thought it might be useful to share this here.

  • Install cmder (AFAIK you can just copy paste this between different machines)
  • Start cmder

  • go to setup tasks ...

  • Add a new task, 1. press the plus button 2-4 fill out the parameters and save

Normal config parameters

Launch command prompt, use proenv with psc option to prevent it from starting a subshell, reset the prompt to something more useful than just "proenv".

Name proenv_dlc
Task param  /icon "%DLC%\gui\adeicon\progress.ico"
Tabs cmd /k "%DLC%\bin\proenv.bat psc & prompt proenv $p$g "  -new_console:d:%USERPROFILE%

Run as administrator config

Just add a "*" in front of the tab command

Name proenv_dlc_admin
Task param  /icon "%DLC%\gui\adeicon\progress.ico"
Tabs *cmd /k "%DLC%\bin\proenv.bat psc & prompt proenv $p$g "  -new_console:d:%USERPROFILE%

Config parameters with ANT coloring( thanks to Gilles)

This shows how you can add extra environment variables. It's probably better to create a .bat for this, but for a limited number of commands I guess it's ok.

Name proenv_oe115_64
Task param  /icon "c:\progress\oe115\\gui\adeicon\progress.ico"
Tabs cmd /k "c:\progress\oe115\bin\proenv.bat psc & prompt oe115 $p$g & set ANT_ARGS=-logger org.apache.tools.ant.listener.AnsiColorLogger"  -new_console:d:%USERPROFILE%

All Replies

Posted by Riverside Software on 01-May-2015 04:18

+1

I'm using ConEmu, and this layer seems to add even more eye-candy (from Clink). I was previously happy with Console, but it unfortunately doesn't support high DPI screens.

And if you're using Ant/PCT to do your builds, you can set this variable : ANT_ARGS=-logger org.apache.tools.ant.listener.AnsiColorLogger

To get this kind of output :

Posted by Mike Fechner on 01-May-2015 15:06

Thanks, Carl!
[...]

Posted by Arno van der Ende on 26-Oct-2016 04:06

Thanks Carl,

I wondered how I can get the same coloring as Cmder itself. Adding the call to init.bat worked for me. However the prompt is not changed to  proenv116 $p$_$$:

cmd /k "C:\Progress\DLC11.6\bin\proenv.bat psc & %ConEmuDir%\..\init.bat & prompt proenv116 $p$_$$ & RenameTab proenv116"  -new_console:d:%USERPROFILE%

I switch a lot between Windows and Unix, so with the run of init.bat 'ls' also works in a proenv session :-)

This thread is closed