Appserver "RUNNING" state

Posted by carlos@lux.mx on 08-Apr-2015 10:38

How can I Know which program is running in the appserver.. There is a way to print in the log the running program?

OpenEdge 11.3

Regards

All Replies

Posted by Brian K. Maher on 08-Apr-2015 10:44

message program-name(1) view-as alert-box will dump the program executing the statement to the log file.

[collapse]
From: carlos@lux.mx [mailto:bounce-carlosluxmx@community.progress.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 08, 2015 11:40 AM
To: TU.OE.General@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - OE General] Appserver "RUNNING" state

Thread created by carlos@lux.mx

How can I Know which program is running in the appserver.. There is a way to print in the log the running program?

OpenEdge 11.3

Regards

Posted by Rob Fitzpatrick on 08-Apr-2015 10:50

A few options:

  • the -yx client startup parameter
    writes a list of callers and callees to the file proc.mon (when the client exits gracefully)
  • the 4GLTrace log entry type
    logs run statements, UDF invocations, pub/sub events, etc. to the client log
  • the proGetSTack <PID> command
    creates the file protrace.<PID> in the client's working directory; this contains the client's current ABL call stack

Posted by carlos@lux.mx on 08-Apr-2015 11:14

Thanks for your comment, I have a question.. where put this code?

Regards

Posted by Brian K. Maher on 08-Apr-2015 11:19

Depends on your needs.  If you just want to log that you got to some place in the code just put the statement in there.  If you need more than that then I would need more details behind why you want this info.

[collapse]