OEM 11.5 webinterface performance tuning

Posted by cverbiest on 25-Mar-2015 08:43

Hi,

Are there any parameters to tune for performance of the OEM 11.5 webinterface.

It takes at least 5 seconds to open a page.

All Replies

Posted by Matt Baker on 25-Mar-2015 09:31

Can you be a bit more specific?  Which pages? All of them? Are you seeing this only on first use of the page, or every time you load that page?  Normally page load times are below a second with exception of a few pages for ones that need to check status for external things like AIA, WSA, and PAS.

Posted by cverbiest on 25-Mar-2015 10:54

> Can you be a bit more specific?  Which pages? All of them?

> Are you seeing this only on first use of the page, or every time you load that page?  

I was mainly changing PASOE settings + stop + start

I had the impression it was every time on every page, but when I check more pages it's not that consistent

It took 30 seconds to open the NS1 page the first time, no delay on subsequent tries

following URL (changed hostname)  seems consistently slow, it takes +/- 5 seconds to open, pressing backspace to go back again takes +/- 5 seconds.

http://servername:9090/pas/pasconfiguration.jsp?key=localhost:resource.openedge.pas.pasoename&application=appname

Posted by Matt Baker on 25-Mar-2015 11:04

We know the PAS pages are slow, mostly due to the fact that we issue a “GET” to see if the server is running on each page.  If it is running it comes back fast, if it isn’t we have to wait for the HTTP connection to timeout and resort to reading configuration from disk and we don’t want to tune it too low.  There was some work done in 11.5.1 to help a bit, but we haven’t come up with a perfect solution yet.

I’ll make a note of it to have it revisited.

For the nameserver page….I’ve seen it happen if you kill the nameserver java process manually and it takes a little bit for the RMI stuff to reconnect.  But beyond that…no idea.

mattb

[collapse]
From: cverbiest [mailto:bounce-cverbiest@community.progress.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 11:55 AM
To: TU.OE.General@community.progress.com
Subject: RE: [Technical Users - OE General] OEM 11.5 webinterface performance tuning

Reply by cverbiest

> Can you be a bit more specific?  Which pages? All of them?

> Are you seeing this only on first use of the page, or every time you load that page?  

I was mainly changing PASOE settings + stop + start

I had the impression it was every time on every page, but when I check more pages it's not that consistent

It took 30 seconds to open the NS1 page the first time, no delay on subsequent tries

following URL (changed hostname)  seems consistently slow, it takes +/- 5 seconds to open, pressing backspace to go back again takes +/- 5 seconds.

http://servername:9090/pas/pasconfiguration.jsp?key=localhost:resource.openedge.pas.pasoename&application=appname

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

This thread is closed