Number of ways to integrate Node.js with AppServer

Posted by dziugasj on 22-Mar-2015 14:23

I am interested in ways you can connect Node.js with AppServer, cons/pros of each method, and which method is the fastest.

My understanding there are following options:

• REST (Cons: we need Tomcat with REST adapter)
  • SOAP(Cons: we need Tomcat with wsa)
  • node4progress. Uses Java API (Cons: we also need servlet container "Winston" to make calls to AppServer)
  • Socket. Somewhere in presentation it is mentioned that it is the fastest way.

Do I miss something ?

Posted by Marian Edu on 23-Mar-2015 02:08

That's pretty much all it is, did also listed the jdbc route but that depends on java as well and for regular jdbc driver you only get to the database tables not business logic although there is one driver that lets you do that ;)

Did a review of solutions on my last year presentation - pugchallenge.eu/.../marian_edu_node4progress.pdf

Webspeed and sockets are also options, a new approach will probably be added to the list soon so stay tuned :)

All Replies

Posted by Marian Edu on 23-Mar-2015 02:08

That's pretty much all it is, did also listed the jdbc route but that depends on java as well and for regular jdbc driver you only get to the database tables not business logic although there is one driver that lets you do that ;)

Did a review of solutions on my last year presentation - pugchallenge.eu/.../marian_edu_node4progress.pdf

Webspeed and sockets are also options, a new approach will probably be added to the list soon so stay tuned :)

Posted by pedromarcerodriguez on 23-Mar-2015 07:22

You could also consider using some sort of queue in the middle, activeMQ with STOMP in both sides or with some  specific development using zeroMQ.

This thread is closed