Buying Open Edge Directly from Progress

Posted by dlangschied on 27-Jan-2015 07:06

This may seem like a foolish post, but I tried to get sales information and Progress has not replied.

I have a small pre-compiled application that is stored into .pls.  I have a customer that will be new to Progress, so I will need to purchase the products necessary to run a database and the .r code.  There will only be 5 users and I am looking to keep the costs down.  What product will I need to get to make this happen?

Also, since I am not getting a reply from Progress at all, is there some way to purchase from Progress directly?

All Replies

Posted by Ricardo Perdigao on 27-Jan-2015 08:19

Need to understand a little bit more to properly help you:

What country are you located?

Are you currently a partner of Progress?

  •     If yes, have you sold to your customers in the past and who was the Sales Representative you've worked with?
  •     If not, is this the first time you are selling your application to a customer?  Who is/was your Sales Representative?

Posted by dlangschied on 27-Jan-2015 14:31

I have always worked with products that had Progress as part of the
purchase. The one time that i didn't I was in email contact with
Progress but the person is not returning my emails. I am so
frustrated about this. I am on the US.

On 1/27/15, Ricardo Perdigao wrote:
> RE: Buying Open Edge Directly from Progress
> Reply by Ricardo Perdigao
>
> Need to understand a little bit more to properly help you:
>
> What country are you located?
>
> Are you currently a partner of Progress?
>
> If yes, have you sold to your customers in the past and who was the
> Sales Representative you've worked with?
> If not, is this the first time you are selling your application to a
> customer? Who is/was your Sales Representative?
> Stop receiving emails on this subject.
>
> Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 27-Jan-2015 14:43

To buy direct, you will have to be a partner.  I wold go here www.progress.com/.../progress-partner-plus and press the button and see where it takes you.

Posted by Thomas Mercer-Hursh on 27-Jan-2015 14:44

Oh, by the way, when someone leaves Progress, their e-mail turns into a black hole rather than being routed to a new person, so unless you know the person is still there, this could be the problem with your mails.

Posted by tiolson on 27-Jan-2015 14:53

Dave,

I looked up your account and Tunde Aldarondo is your account rep, she has responded to your email.  A phone call to your number just rang busy.  You may reach her at 781-280-4260 or yaldaron@progress.com.

I hope this helps

Tim

Tim Olson
Sr Account Manager
Progress Software
847-305-4721
tim.olson@progress.com

Progress
Twitter
Facebook
LinkedIn
Google+
Twitter
Facebook
LinkedIn
LinkedIn

[collapse]On 1/27/15, Ricardo Perdigao wrote:
> RE: Buying Open Edge Directly from Progress
> Reply by Ricardo Perdigao
>
> Need to understand a little bit more to properly help you:
>
> What country are you located?
>
> Are you currently a partner of Progress?
>
> If yes, have you sold to your customers in the past and who was the
> Sales Representative you've worked with?
> If not, is this the first time you are selling your application to a
> customer? Who is/was your Sales Representative?
> Stop receiving emails on this subject.
>
> Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse][/collapse]

Posted by Ricardo Perdigao on 27-Jan-2015 14:56

Hi David,

Please accept my apologies for your frustration on  behalf of Progress Software.  Tunde Aldarondo is the Sales Account Manager that will be helping you.  She can be reached at +1 781-280-4260  or  yaldaron@progress.com.

Warm Regards,

Ricardo Perdigao

Pre-Sales North America

This thread is closed