Reset PDSOE to defaults

Posted by James Palmer on 05-Jan-2015 10:17

Progress 11.2.1

We've got a new starter who has inherited the machine of another guy and when starting up PDSOE it has inherited all his rather weird settings and perspectives and so on. Is there an easy way to reset this back to factory defaults? I'd like to keep the workspace settings such as the databases and propaths etc, but the views and perspectives and menu bars etc would be really useful to be able to revert.

Thanks

All Replies

Posted by Mike Fechner on 05-Jan-2015 10:29

Hi James,

right-click on the perspective button (typically somewhere top-right) and choose reset.

Mike
Von: James Palmer [mailto:bounce-jdpjamesp@community.progress.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 5. Januar 2015 17:18
An: TU.OE.General@community.progress.com
Betreff: [Technical Users - OE General] Reset PDSOE to defaults

Thread created by James Palmer

Progress 11.2.1

We've got a new starter who has inherited the machine of another guy and when starting up PDSOE it has inherited all his rather weird settings and perspectives and so on. Is there an easy way to reset this back to factory defaults? I'd like to keep the workspace settings such as the databases and propaths etc, but the views and perspectives and menu bars etc would be really useful to be able to revert.

Thanks

Posted by Peter Judge on 05-Jan-2015 10:30

It's probably easiest to delete the workspace directory, and start again. To do this I'd do some things first (off the top of my head):
- Keep or move the projects into their own, independent-of-workspace-directory directories. Ie c:/work/projects/xxx for projects and c:/work/workspaces/xxx for sorkspaces. Projects should contain most of what you're interested in (.propath, .db etc)
- If you've customised/changed it keep the .sharedavm folder from the workspace folder for later use
- Keep launch configs in the project or other, non-workspace locations. You can do this by changing existing Run configs on the Common take to 'Shared file'.

hth,
-- peter

[collapse]