Client sessions sometimes slow, sometimes fast

Posted by peggycole on 10-Dec-2014 05:30

Hi,

Last monday we started with a brand new installation of our application. We work with OE 10.2B 32-bit, client/service-set up. The DB server has Windows Server 2012, clients work with Windows 7, 1 gb network

If we start our application on a client machine, sometimes the log in-window appears after 1 à 2 seconds, sometimes we have to wait > 10s. If we start with a slow log-in then every action within the session is very slow (factor x3).

If we log out en restart our application then it can be a slow session again or, if the user is lucky, he can get a fast session. We now told the users that they have to restart the application over and over again until they can grab a fast session but this is not really a solution :-).

We had kind of same problem 2 months ago with another customer and the solution there was to set the dynamic ports of the database to another range and that worked.

We already did the same range-change yesterday evening but here the problem stays the same.

The IT department of our customer will do some checks concerning the network as well but I think that it has something to do with the connection to the database. Any suggestions?

Posted by peggycole on 10-Dec-2014 07:47

I wil close this question. Apparently someone re-activated the windows firewall ...

All Replies

Posted by James Palmer on 10-Dec-2014 05:36

It would help immensely if you could post the startup section from the dbname.lg file from the last startup. Search for (333) and copy the next 100 or so lines.

Do you accept SQL connections to the DB as well as ABL? If so, do you have dedicated brokers for ABL and SQL connections?

Posted by peggycole on 10-Dec-2014 07:47

I wil close this question. Apparently someone re-activated the windows firewall ...

Posted by Peter Judge on 10-Dec-2014 09:14

That was nice of them :D

Q: what changed?