jsdo license

Posted by agent_008_nl on 25-Nov-2014 03:05

11.3 or 11.4

Which license is needed to play with the jsdo (without oe mobile screenpainter)? Is it possible with a psdn license?

--
Kind regards,

Stefan Houtzager

Houtzager ICT consultancy & development

www.linkedin.com/in/stefanhoutzager

Posted by RWEBSTER on 25-Nov-2014 08:17

Yes, a PSDN licence (specifically, the PDSOE component) gives you everything you need to create JSDOs and make use of the REST adapter. Create a new project and choose either the REST or Mobile project facet, when you create a new business entity and expose it as a service the JSDO bits get created at the same time.

All Replies

Posted by Jean Richert on 25-Nov-2014 06:34

Hi Stefan,

May I suggest you look at KB 000045297.
Apparently PSDN does not include OE Mobile App Builder.

Posted by agent_008_nl on 25-Nov-2014 07:04

Hi Jean,

I just read that. I do not need a screenpainter (that is mobile appbuilder I think?). So "Progress Developer Studio for OpenEdge  includes JSDO Adapter and REST Manager Agent for development use only", "PSDN Subscriptions include JSDO Adapter and REST Manager Agent". Does that mean that with a psdn license I can create a sample project to see how the jsdo works, including generation of the mobile service (catalog file etc), for example in a project with an angular frontend (maybe like this project: github.com/.../angular-jsdo-demo).

Regards, Stefan.

Posted by RWEBSTER on 25-Nov-2014 08:17

Yes, a PSDN licence (specifically, the PDSOE component) gives you everything you need to create JSDOs and make use of the REST adapter. Create a new project and choose either the REST or Mobile project facet, when you create a new business entity and expose it as a service the JSDO bits get created at the same time.

Posted by Shelley Chase on 25-Nov-2014 08:24

Hi Stefan,

You would need to get a copy of the JSDO libraries since these are part of the Mobile App Builder since they are part of the client code. I will need to check where these are in the install.

In the near future we plan to open source the libraries on github.

Thanks

-Shelley

Posted by egarcia on 25-Nov-2014 09:29

Hello,

In case you need to look at more examples on using the JSDO from Angular...

You can find a  simple example on using the JSDO from Angular at the following location:

oemobiledemo.progress.com/.../index.html

I hope this helps.

Posted by agent_008_nl on 26-Nov-2014 00:30

Thanks Edsel,

That sure will help, I'm new to angular also.

Regards, Stefan.

This thread is closed