Windows Server 2012 R2 Foundation and Essentials

Posted by PeterWokke on 11-Nov-2014 06:01

Who has experience to install OE databases, Appservers, WSA, AIA and rest servers on Windows 2012 R2 Essentials and or Foundation.

I have a low budget request from a new customer. They really exist. And don't want to spend to much on there server.

Basically we select a Windows Server 2012 R2 64bit Standard edition.

The server is dedicated to our application solutions.

We run workgroup Dartabases, AppServer Enterprise edition, WSA, AIA and REST server technoligy on it.

And if possible setup a second server for Replica Plus.

Is this possible if we choose  for Windows server 2012 R2 Essentials and or Foundation.

Who has experience with this??

Kind regards,

Peter Wokke

All Replies

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 11-Nov-2014 06:05

Ø  And don't want to spend to much on there server.

Use Linux ?

Ø  Is this possible if we choose  for Windows server 2012 R2 Essentials and or Foundation.

I believe 10.2B08 and 11.3.3 are certified there.

[collapse]
Who has experience to install OE databases, Appservers, WSA, AIA and rest servers on Windows 2012 R2 Essentials and or Foundation.

I have a low budget request from a new customer. They really exist. And don't want to spend to much on there server.

Basically we select a Windows Server 2012 R2 64bit Standard edition.

The server is dedicated to our application solutions.

We run workgroup Dartabases, AppServer Enterprise edition, WSA, AIA and REST server technoligy on it.

And if possible setup a second server for Replica Plus.

Is this possible if we choose  for Windows server 2012 R2 Essentials and or Foundation.

Who has experience with this??

Kind regards,

Peter Wokke

Posted by PeterWokke on 13-Nov-2014 01:50

Hi Libor,

I know Windows Server 2012 R2 is certified.

Want to know if there are limitation if the server runs on a Foundation edition of this OS

And if there are limitation if it runs on the Essentials edition of this OS.

The server need to be use as dedicated server for Progress technology including web-services.

Regards,

Peter.

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 13-Nov-2014 02:34

Not aware / reported any limitations as of yet/(till) now.

[collapse]
I know Windows Server 2012 R2 is certified.

Want to know if there are limitation if the server runs on a Foundation edition of this OS

And if there are limitation if it runs on the Essentials edition of this OS.

The server need to be use as dedicated server for Progress technology including web-services.

Regards,

Peter.

Posted by Tjerk Coomans on 13-Nov-2014 08:15

10.2B08 is supported in windows 2012 R2 but it is delivered with java 1.5 which is not supported by windows 2012.

Can this give a problem?

Posted by Libor Laubacher on 13-Nov-2014 08:24

No. I mean, it should not, at least not for OE purproses, otherwise it would not have passed certification suite.

[collapse]