Transactions

Posted by rahul on 28-Aug-2014 15:50

Hello guys,

I am a progress Beginner and learning concept from progress handbook.

Can some explains me clearly those who have much more experience in progress.

Transaction in progress, BI file ,Larger transaction smaller transaction with respect to block properties.

It will be great helpful.

It might be a simple question but the person similar to me can also learn from me.

preprocessor and its uses with example ?

Thanks

All Replies

Posted by gus on 29-Aug-2014 12:13

A transaction (aka a "unit of work") is a group of related database changes that either must be all performed, or none of them must be performed. A large transaction is composed of many database changes. A small transaction is composed of a few or perhaps only one database change. Whether large or small, all of the details of the individual database operations that must be performed to effect the changes or to  undo them will be reliably recorded in records (aka "notes") written in the before-image log.

Posted by ChUIMonster on 29-Aug-2014 12:17

You might want to consider some training.  Or at least going through the online training.

Then maybe post some specific questions along with code that illustrates the issue that you are having.

As is, you are basically asking for someone to give a week long seminar in the format of forum postings.

On 8/28/14, 4:51 PM, rahul wrote:
Thread created by rahul

Hello guys,

Transaction in progress, BI file ,Larger transaction smaller transaction with respect to block properties.

It might be a simple question but the person similar to me can also learn from me.

Thanks

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

-- 
Tom Bascom
603 396 4886
tom@greenfieldtech.com

Posted by James Palmer on 30-Aug-2014 13:58

It would also behove you to read some of the recent forum posts that ask the same questions you do. That way you can learn from those in a similar position to you...

James Palmer | Application Developer
Tel: 01253 785103

[collapse]From: ChUIMonster
Sent: ‎29/‎08/‎2014 18:18
To: TU.OE.General@community.progress.com
Subject: Re: [Technical Users - OE General] Transactions

Reply by ChUIMonster
You might want to consider some training.  Or at least going through the online training.

Then maybe post some specific questions along with code that illustrates the issue that you are having.

As is, you are basically asking for someone to give a week long seminar in the format of forum postings.

On 8/28/14, 4:51 PM, rahul wrote:
Thread created by rahul

Hello guys,

Thanks

-- 

Tom Bascom

603 396 4886

tom@greenfieldtech.com

Click here to report this email as spam.

This email has been scanned for email related threats and delivered safely by Mimecast.
For more information please visit http://www.mimecast.com
[/collapse]

This thread is closed