Procedure Editor in OpenEdge studio 13.2 for Windows 64 bits

Posted by Bourgmaj on 05-Jun-2014 04:23

I just installed OpenEdge studio 13.2. Until now I used Provision 9.1. I was very surprise to see that the procedure editor in OpenEdge does not recognize the key words like in my old Provision. Is it normal or have I something to do to recover the functionnalities of the old version ?

Thank you

All Replies

Posted by Mike Fechner on 05-Jun-2014 04:26

You need to install an OpenEdge Studio license in parallel.

Are you on a PSDN subscribption license?

Von: Bourgmaj [mailto:bounce-Bourgmaj@community.progress.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 5. Juni 2014 11:24
An: TU.OE.General@community.progress.com
Betreff: [Technical Users - OE General] Procedure Editor in OpenEdge studio 13.2 for Windows 64 bits

Thread created by Bourgmaj

I just installed OpenEdge studio 13.2. Until now I used Provision 9.1. I was very surprise to see that the procedure editor in OpenEdge does not recognize the key words like in my old Provision. Is it normal or have I something to do to recover the functionnalities of the old version ?

Thank you

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Posted by Bourgmaj on 05-Jun-2014 04:30

I installed an OpenEdge Studio license. Sorry but I don’t know what PSDN does mean …

[collapse]
From: Mike Fechner [mailto:bounce-mikefechner@community.progress.com]
Sent
: 05 June 2014 11:26
To: TU.OE.General@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - OE General] AW: Procedure Editor in OpenEdge studio 13.2 for Windows 64 bits

Reply by Mike Fechner

Betreff: [Technical Users - OE General] Procedure Editor in OpenEdge studio 13.2 for Windows 64 bits

Thank you

[/collapse]

Posted by Mike Fechner on 05-Jun-2014 04:37

Sorry – usually when people complain about the procedure editor, it’s that they have just installed the Progress Developer Studio license.

My guess is, that the slick editor Active X Control required for the “fancy” editor features is not available for 64 bit and Progress falls back to a plain editor widget.

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 5. Juni 2014 11:31
Betreff: RE: [Technical Users - OE General] AW: Procedure Editor in OpenEdge studio 13.2 for Windows 64 bits

Reply by Bourgmaj
I installed an OpenEdge Studio license. Sorry but I don’t know what PSDN does mean …

[collapse]
Sent: 05 June 2014 11:26
Subject: [Technical Users - OE General] AW: Procedure Editor in OpenEdge studio 13.2 for Windows 64 bits

Reply by Mike Fechner

Thank you

[/collapse]

Posted by Bourgmaj on 05-Jun-2014 04:48

I am appalled to see that in the new tools, we lose the very useful functionalities which existed before.
Thank you for your answer.

[collapse]
Sent
: 05 June 2014 11:38
Subject: [Technical Users - OE General] AW: AW: Procedure Editor in OpenEdge studio 13.2 for Windows 64 bits

Reply by Mike Fechner
Sorry – usually when people complain about the procedure editor, it’s that they have just installed the Progress Developer Studio license.

My guess is, that the slick editor Active X Control required for the “fancy” editor features is not available for 64 bit and Progress falls back to a plain editor widget.

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 5.
Juni 2014 11:31
Betreff: RE: [Technical Users - OE General] AW: Procedure Editor in OpenEdge studio 13.2 for Windows 64 bits

Reply by Bourgmaj

[collapse]

Reply by Mike Fechner

Thank you

[/collapse][/collapse]

Posted by Mike Fechner on 05-Jun-2014 04:51

If this limitation is because of the 64 bit OE Studio, there are two alternatives:

32 bit OE Studio (on 64 bit Windows)
Progress Developer Studio for OpenEdge – which is the IDE of the future anyway.

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 5. Juni 2014 11:49
Betreff: RE: [Technical Users - OE General] AW: AW: Procedure Editor in OpenEdge studio 13.2 for Windows 64 bits

Reply by Bourgmaj
I am appalled to see that in the new tools, we lose the very useful functionalities which existed before.
Thank you for your answer.

[collapse]
Sent: 05 June 2014 11:38
Subject: [Technical Users - OE General] AW: AW: Procedure Editor in OpenEdge studio 13.2 for Windows 64 bits

Reply by Mike Fechner

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 5. Juni 2014 11:31

Reply by Bourgmaj

[collapse]

Reply by Mike Fechner

Thank you

[/collapse][/collapse]

Posted by Donicello Lampe on 05-Jun-2014 04:59

Mike is correct, please refer to the following KBase article: knowledgebase.progress.com/.../000042690

Posted by RWEBSTER on 05-Jun-2014 05:02

The 'standard' editors have had slick edit features removed in the 64 bit version of studio. knowledgebase.progress.com/.../000042690

This thread is closed