Need clarification on v10.x platform & availability Guid

Posted by Stephanie Seney on 01-May-2014 09:21

My boss & SA are in process of reviewing all OS & Progress licenses.  Our SA would like to move our remote systems to CentOS (which is a free version of Linux RedHat).  I see on pg 6 & 7 of the current v10 platform & availability guide that CentOS & Progress appear to be certfied, however, in pulling the archived 10 platform & product availability guide from 2009 (10/2009) and looking at the 10.1C platforms - CentOS is not listed there.  This raises a question - if 10.1c is certified to run on CentOS or not. 

Going by the current version of the guide - it appears that all 10.x progress products are certified on CentOS, but in the archived guide, 10.1c seems to indicate it was not. 

Can anyone clarify this - Is 10.1C certified to run on CentOS (32 and 64 bit)?  If we stay with the current 10.1C for our remote sites we want to make sure it's certified to run on CentOS - if the company decides to go that direction with the remote sites, to save money.

Posted by Nigel Allen on 01-May-2014 16:46
Posted by Stephanie Seney on 02-May-2014 07:17

Nigel,

Thanks so much for the k-base link.  I didn't even think to look there yesterday.  We had trouble even getting to progress.com for a bit yesterday (multiple folks here couldn't get to the site). 

Steph

[collapse] From: Nigel Allen [mailto:bounce-prosmart@community.progress.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2014 5:47 PM
To: TU.OE.General@community.progress.com
Subject: RE: Need clarification on v10.x platform & availability Guide - OS versions and Progress

Reply by Nigel Allen
Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

All Replies

Posted by Nigel Allen on 01-May-2014 16:46
Posted by Stephanie Seney on 02-May-2014 07:17

Nigel,

Thanks so much for the k-base link.  I didn't even think to look there yesterday.  We had trouble even getting to progress.com for a bit yesterday (multiple folks here couldn't get to the site). 

Steph

[collapse] From: Nigel Allen [mailto:bounce-prosmart@community.progress.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2014 5:47 PM
To: TU.OE.General@community.progress.com
Subject: RE: Need clarification on v10.x platform & availability Guide - OS versions and Progress

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

This thread is closed